chapter 27

Gabriel's pov:

We head to our desks that are on the same floor. When the elevator's door opens, I search the floor with my eyes for someone, in particular, the moment our eyes meet I glare at him.

He waves with his hand as if he's miles away. What the fuck does he want from Andrea? Yeah he's her ex and I'm glad he was the good one in the story but can't he piss off already.

The hated guy hugs Andy and I glower at him with distaste. When they break the hug, she looks at me puzzled and I'm hoping I didn't show too many emotions through my face.

I excuse myself and go to my room. I sit on my chair and sway around one time, what does he want from her? two times, maybe he'll ask her to marry him again and then she'll run away and I'll be by her side, three times, that's not a bad idea as long as I'm by her side.

What if they're making out right now? or worse he already asked for her hand and she said yes! I can't take this suspense anymore.

I grab some papers from the mess Andy said will organize later and run to her office. I knock once but never bothered to do it again and how much I wish I did.

Matia is holding Andrea's face in his hands and kissing her. In the end, I wasn't wrong, they are making out.

I close the door, embarrassed of the whole situation. I stroll back to my office ignoring the jealousy I was feeling or the urge to break the guy's face.

I try to carry on with my work, looking at the screen of my computer blankly for what felt like hours but to no avail.

The click of the door grabs my attention, distracting me from the thunderstorm of thoughts I couldn't get rid of. I realized it's not as helpful when I saw Andrea walking in.

She stood there in silence, looking everywhere but me.

"So, about what you saw, I think I should explain," she talks slowly, trying the words before spitting them.

"There's nothing to explain, you two were obviously making out," I say with what I hope is a flat voice.

"I wasn't making out I-"

"It looked like it." I raise my eyebrows.

"Its a misunderstanding, if you just let me-"

"I must admit Andrea after all those lectures on work ethics I'm quite disappointed. Who thought it would be you who involved private life with work?" I shake my head, dismissing her words before she gets to finish the sentence.

"Stop being childish Gabriel I'm trying to explain," she snaps, probably frustrated from the conversation.

"I don't need your explanation, your love life is none of my business,"

"Are you sure about that?" She asks frowning.

I try a couple of answers in my brain, all of them didn't sound right. "Do you like him?"

"He's really great but I don't like him that way," she brushes a lock of hair and tugs it behind her ear.

It took both of us a while to talk again, her chest rises when she inhaled deeply and said "actually, I kind of had feelings for you, it's not a big deal though. It's something I'm working on, you know trying to get rid of,"

My mouth forms an 'O' shape as I looked at her dumbfounded. She tugs at the bracelet on her wrist and shifts to the other leg awkwardly.

"I-" I try to form words, my brain rushes yet I couldn't form a simple sentence.