chapter 13

Andrea's pov:

"Did you fight with Mr. Carter or something? You two are usually inseparable." Says Ashley biting her sandwich.

"Don't act like I only have lunch with you when I fight with Gabriel," I roll my eyes.

"You're right. It happens when he's busy at lunch too," She speaks smiling at me.

I roll my eyes again and go back to my food listening to Ashley talking about how our company has the finest workers, And how Brandon likes peanut butter but is allergic to peanuts, Poor Brandon.

When lunchtime ends, I go back to work. I head to Gabriel's office to give him his weekly schedule.

I break into his office, because knocking is old-fashioned, and halt when I see Bailey holding papers in one hand and looking through the bureau with the other. What is she doing?

"What are you doing?" I ask my thoughts, waiting for a good explanation.

I'm sure she's not up to something bad, is she?

She puts the papers on the desk and smiles sweetly, "Gabriel asked me to bring him some papers. I got confused and wasn't sure if I have the right ones," She says and even though she looked calm I can sense her discomfort.

"Honey, that's my job. And I'm sure if Gabriel wanted something, he would ask it from me not you," I point out not convinced with her lies. She sighs and leans on the desk. A smile takes place on her lips but this one is updated.

"Listen Andrea, I don't have a problem with you so I'm asking you nicely to mind your business and step out of my way," She threatens with a cold tone. Something I haven't been expecting.

"Too bad this is my business. When you're messing with my boss's and the company's stuff I won't take any risks, girlfriend or not–" I point with the schedule that was in my hand at her–"so you better watch your mouth and know with whom you're talking"

"And now can you please wait outside?" I add once she started looking at me weirdly with a suspicious smile.

She gets out but not before sending me an Innocent smile. What is wrong with her?

I enter my office and sit at my desk. Bailey's act got me so confused. I didn't have a chance to sit down and know her more, but she seemed like a good person. There is the fact that she might be jealous and felt like I'm going after Gabriel. Or, she's a gold digger. The last one could be true.

What I can't understand is the smile she had on her face. Her eyes had no humor in them, they were glittering with the madness the smile wasn't one of amusement it was... Just there.

"Why did you kick Bailey out?" Says Gabriel with a raised voice, storming into the room.

"Well, first of all," I start, leaning forward to my desk, "lower your voice. No need to make any drama. And second of all, I found her in your office going through papers so I told her to go wait outside for you. I don't care if she is your girlfriend or not I won't take any risks for the company's sake so please keep your private life out of the office" I finish waiting for his next outburst.

Gaby puts his hands in his pockets and looks away from my face, something he does when he knows he's wrong. But I won't be waiting for an apology he's too stubborn.

The rest of the day went smoothly, Gabriel kept his interactions with me official as we needed to talk for work. And I went home taking my car not bothering to wait for him.

It's care day so I took a bath and did my care routine. Around 9 I grabbed a book and we all know what happens when you read before you sleep.

After a lot of chapters, I hear a knock on my door. I check my phone, 2 am, well who would that be?

I open the door and find a grinning Gabriel. "Wow! Look who decided to stop being an asshole," I tease him.

"Shut up, I'm trying to make peace," He says offering the ice cream, and I smile at how cute he is with his messy hair and that foolish grin on his face.

"With ice cream, huh?" I smirk, then say proudly, "look at you boy, I invented you"

"Okay get ready, it's coming," He says closing his mouth and opening it again as if the words are blocked in his throat, "I'm sorry... for being an asshole it's just that when I saw bailey upset I forgot to control my temper and I lashed it out on you."

"she explained everything and she said she is sorry she told me that she will apologies to you tomorrow," He finishes, and sighs taking out all the guilt with one breath.

"It's okay you're forgiven," I speak, hugging him from the side. He takes me in his arms and I suddenly learn a new definition for warm. His embrace is safe, one that I would always run to.

The skin that had contact with his started tickling, and my heartbeats didn't increase they just got calmer. Time didn't stop as people said, or maybe I was overwhelmed with the hug I forgot to catch the seconds we had.