chapter 28

Andrea's pov:

I was in my office minding my own business when I heard a girl's voice shouting outside. Me, not minding my business anymore, I go out to search for the source of the sobbing noise.

Bailey's punching Gabriel on his chest like we see in the movies and crying, "you're disgusting," She sobs, the scene she's making caused the workers nearby to gather around, every one of them whispering his theories about what's happening. Gabriel on the other hand is standing still, his face held no emotions.

"How could you do that? after everything I've been through because of you, you just leave me like that," Bailey goes on with her sobbing while Gabriel sighs and runs his hands through his face in obvious irritation. Me wondering what 'that' that she's talking about is, I look around and dismiss the crowd that gathered for the tea.

I walk to where the two are standing and put my hand on Bailey's shoulder and offer, "why don't you two get inside and we'll work this out calmly?"

"Don't touch me," She moved away making my hand falls, "you're the main source of the problem,"

"ENOUGH," Gabriel shouts, like literally shouts and I slightly jump from surprise. That boy is so wrong, you don't shout at me like that, "don't shout at me I'm not your girlfriend anymore," Bailey beats me up to it but he wasn't amused.

"I said enough and I think you heard me well," He hisses with his voice low, probably trying to control his temper, "so you either get into the office and we can have a normal conversation or leave immediately,"

"I don't need to talk to you just know that you'll regret what you did." She threatens and storms out leaving the two of us staring at each other.

He goes to his office and I follow close behind looking for answers, "what was that all about?" I question confused about what was happening.

"I broke up with her a couple of days ago and now she's trying to ruin my business or something," He answers in which makes me more confused, "I thought it was more than just a like," My joke wins me a death glare from gaby, maybe this isn't the best time for jokes.

"But seriously, why did you break up with her? Did you find proof that she was cheating on you?" I say after a minute of awkward staring.

"I didn't need those anymore, being with her felt off," He looks from his desk filled with paperwork to me, "and it was never more than a like I guess,"

After an "umm okay," I make my way to the door but he grabs me by my hand and says, "Andy wait." I give him a questioning look, for a minute I hoped he would confess maybe, but like always he just stares at me with his mouth speechless.

I sigh, "if you have nothing to tell me I need to go back to work,"

"Do you want to grab lunch together later?" He asks.

"I'm sorry I can't," I respond, a lunch would lead to talking about my confession and I don't think I'm ready for that.

His grip loosens and that's how we end our little talk.

After that incident, I call Matia to have lunch with him. After that kiss he had to give a long apologetic speech which he did, he said that he tried his last shot and he didn't regret doing it. I respect his brave-ness but as long as it's done away from my personal space.

After lunch, Matia drops me at work, I hop out of the vehicle but before I can say goodbye I feel myself getting dragged by my hand.

Matia gets out of his car but I mouth it's okay so we don't cause more scenes. I look around as I'm being dragged by Gabriel and make eye contact with many faces eating us with their wondering eyes. "Gabriel stop, people are staring," I say trying to slow the steps down but he walks even more faster than he was and storms to his office.

"if you said you kind of like me then why is he the one you're spending time with and not me?" He scolds starting a little outburst.

"Because it's too awkward between the two of us," I explain.

"But you never gave me time to talk–"

"There is nothing to talk about Gabriel. I know you don't feel the same way, I'm not obliging you into a relation or anything I completely understand just give me some time to get over it, and then we will go back to normal, I promise,"

"I don't want things to go back to normal," he murmurs.

My heart hurts at the idea of losing him for good but I ask looking deep into his hypnotizing eyes, hoping I understood wrong, "what do you mean? You don't want to be friends anymore?"

"I never said I don't like you back I just never admitted it," Gabriel says, almost whispered. I give him a questioning look and he confesses more clearly, "what I'm trying to say is I like you too,"

We stand there awkwardly staring at each other, this is not the way I imagined this moment to happen but I won't lie and say my heart isn't having a party. His body moves closer to mine until I could rest my palms on his chest, he puts his hand on the small of my back, blue eyes wandering from eyes down to my lips.

The office's phone rings all of a sudden breaking the moment we were about to have. Gabriel groans before answering, Ashley tells him that cops are waiting for him outside.

We exchange worried looks, a big part of me knew this is bailey's doing. We head down to the reception to handle the matter, the first thing we see are two men dressed in blue waiting.

"Mr. Carter you need to come with us," says one of the cops to Gabriel. We exchange worried looks but he asks trying to stay calm, "what for?"

"there has been a report against you for physical abuse against miss Smith with proofs," The officer explains furthermore before they start to take him.

"Andrea call my lawyers and meet me at the station later." He says turning to look at me.

I hug him and whisper, "I'm going to murder that bitch,"

"don't do anything just call my lawyers and meet me there," He warns me cupping my cheeks in his hands.

I call the lawyers and inform them about the situation at hand. They promise that they'll start working on it immediately. Once I'm done with them, time to call old carter comes.

I tell him what happened through the phone and when I'm done he speaks up, "I was waiting for that kid to get to jail since he was 18 but he was too good,"  I chuckle and he adds," What did he do?"

"They said he abused his ex-girlfriend but that's surely a lie," I explain.

The line falls silent for a minute but he talks again when I say "hello?"

"what do you mean abuse?" He asks annoyed.

"That bitch is accusing him of abuse because he broke up with her ass," I sit down on the nearest chair and point out, "I know Gabriel would never do that,"

"Meet me at the station dear," He says and we end the call after I say, "see you there,"

I drive there, the lawyers were already present and old carter was talking with them. They discuss the situation and what needs to be done when Bailey shows up with Blake. She was crying against his embrace while they're walking to the reception.

"Ohh again with those fake crocodile tears Bailey," I say with a smirk going toward the said girl, "I hate to admit it but you're a hell of an actress,"

I find another good phrase but charming Blake cuts my moment off, "step back Andrea,".

"So you're her lap dog now Blake?" I shoot, if he wants to get step up for Bailey then he has to take the humiliation. He takes a step toward me in anger but Bailey holds him back, my smirk gets even wider, "no, let go of him I bet he's all barks and talk nothing more,"

He tries to walk to me again but Bailey stops him, "please Blake let's go,"
..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  ..  .

Hello guys, 
Thank you for the 10k it really means alot to us we're so happy❤
We hope you're liking the story so fare