chapter 11

Gabriel's pov:

We finished the committee's meeting.

At this moment Andrea is sitting across my desk informing me about the new updates of the company.

"At what time do we need to be there so I can be ready, not like the last time‚," She asks once she finished what she had in her notebook.

"We." I correct her. "Look, Andrea. Now I have a girlfriend, we can't go together like every other time. Bailey would feel uneasy and people will start questioning our friendship"

Andrea freezes in her seat, her expressions blank. Her eyes were fixed on mine and when a glitter appears in the corner she smiles.

"You're right Gabriel." She glances at her notebook. "a lot of things should change. And I don't want rumors messing the company's reputation," She finishes, walking to the door with steady steps.

"Hey Andy, you're not mad. right? " I ask before she leaves. She looks back with a sweet smile on her face "why would I be?" Then leaves slamming the door.

"She's definitely mad," I sigh, going back to work.

Andrea's pov:

I slam the door shut to give evidence that I'm totally fine.

How could he ditch me? It's a work party he can't take his girlfriend anyway, I'm the one expected to go. And why did I react like that? Was that jealousy? Nah, Andrea Martinez is never jealous. I'm giving this subject more than it needs.

I take a seat in my office, furrowing my eyebrows as I think of someone that can be my date. There is Blake, it's been a long time since we've met. When they closed the deal last week I didn't go to the office because I didn't want to meet him. He's one of the committee members too.

I shiver imagining myself spending the whole night with him. Blake isn't an option maybe Matia can come.

I dial his number and wait until he picks up. "Ciao caro (hello dear), how do you feel about being my date for tomorrow's gala?" I say the moment he picks up.

"Wow, is Andrea Martinez asking me on a date?" He teases, and I can hear the smirk in his voice.

"Well yeah, you should feel special, that never happens," I remark.

"Well I'm flattered, " He says, then adds, "At what time do I pick you up?"

"7 will be good, and I'll text you my address," I inform him and share our goodbyes.
______________________

I check my make-up in the mirror once I'm done. I take my golden brown locks tickling my cheeks and put them gently behind my ear. I smile at my reflection, satisfied with my makeup that's looking on fleek.

I check the time and it's 6 pm. I hear a knock on my door so I open it.

"I wanted to check on you, and see if you want to accompany us to the gala?" Gabriel says, after few seconds of staring at my face.

The motherfucker is looking handsome in his dark blue suit and perfectly done hair. His blue eyes that are fixed on me are looking mesmerizing.

"It's okay. You guys can go. I'm waiting for my date," I say smiling. Gabriel looks at me while furrowing His eyebrows then His face drops to the floor and he leaves murmuring "right your date,"

I close the door thinking about his reaction. I could've sworn it was disappointment, what was he expecting? Me to be the third wheel? Hell no. I can't lie to myself, I would have loved to go with him but I understand, he has a girlfriend now. He's no longer Andrea's best friend, he'll be known as Bailey's boyfriend.