chapter 24

Gabriel's pov:

I wait for Andrea's response patiently, the phone has been sitting beside me on the bed. I threw it away the moment I sent that risky text.

That's my girl? Seriously. What was I trying to do?

I have texted her in the first place because the company needs her help at this time. Having lost the client, there are a lot of rumors going on about our irresponsibility and lack of experience in the market.

Andy is good at handling the company's image and she always comes up with the best ideas for the marketing team, so it's only logical for me to decline her vacation.

Maybe I also missed her. Bailey isn't around a lot anymore, she always comes back home late at night and in the morning she's either at college or work. While with Andrea, we used to do everything together even when she was busy we found time for each other.

That sounds pathetic.

I stretch my arms and jump from the bed.

I take a shower then put my joggers on. When I get closer to the kitchen I smell food, which is weird because I cook my meals now since Andrea is gone.

"Good morning," Bailey says the moment her eyes meet mine, her energetic rays hovering over the room.

She makes her way toward me and tiptoes to kiss me.

"Where did all this joyfulness comes from?" I ask, leaning on the counter to get a full image.

"Well–" She starts, giving her attention to the pan sitting on the stove patiently, unlike the oil in it that's making a popping sound– "I felt that we are not spending a lot of time together and the stress of the exams is too much,"

I follow every movement her small body does, her pj's giving me a good view of her swaying hips.

"That's sweet of you babe," I say, hugging her from behind and smirk, "I bet not even Jordan Ramsay can cook such omelets,"

She chuckles lightly and proceeds with what she was doing while resting her back on my chest.

We have our breakfast trying to catch up at the same time and I go jogging once we're done.

After 30 minutes I come back. I look for bailey around the penthouse and as the last place, I enter my room. I hear the water running in the shower so I make my way to the door but stop once I hear a notification sound.

I look back on instinct and zoom on the phone that's sitting on her bed, there's something suspicious. As I get closer, the phone's color is getting lighter, pink if I'm precise.

Why is that weird? because lately, we bought the same phone, in the same color which is black to match. As childish as that sounds, I didn't know she bought them until she showed them to me. But still, I didn't get rid of the old one, it was a gift from Andrea when she threw mine in the toilet.

So the thing is, this is neither Bailey's new phone nor her old one. Why the heck does she have another phone? She doesn't need a second phone, what could she be doing with it?

I don't want to assume the worst, which is her cheating on me, is that the worst? Maybe she's an agent in the CIA. The best thing to do is to ask her about it once she's out.

I head to the second bathroom in the house to take a shower then wear my work clothes.

"Come on," I talk to the thin air, my voice high enough for someone to hear but that someone isn't here anymore.

I drive to work, the music on the radio not having the magic it was supposed to have. Even if I hum along there is no one I can look at with excitement as the song gets to the best part.

"Good morning Ashley," I greet the receptionist, who does the same.

Once in my office, I groan at how many papers I need to organize and go through. This was supposed to be Andrea's duties but she took a vacation, and it was okay since she didn't take one in a year. Why, if she waited another year she would have taken three weeks.

I called bailey when lunch was close but she said she was busy with her studies at the university.

As a smart person, I'm supposed to suspect her excuses and analyze them, especially after finding that phone, but as her boyfriend, I'm supposed to trust her. And there's also as a human being I am hungry.

I can hear Andrea's snorts at the mention of the word smart in my head, or maybe I have a lot of self-doubt which came from Andrea too.

Once I'm done talking with myself like it's normal, which it is, I motivate myself to drive again to a restaurant not far from work. The cafe that bailey works at would've been good but I'm not in the mood to go there.

I enter the restaurant and freeze for what I see. Bailey and Blake are sitting in a corner in the hall.

I should have acted with the smart personality, too late though. I take a last glance in their direction with bitterness, as much as I try not to think bad the old friend thing bullshit. I've given her the chance to be truthful, I called her she could have just told me, 'I'm with a friend', the friend is Blake who fucks everything in his way.

I open the car's door furiously and get in, I close it hardly and hear a breaking sound which makes my blood boil even harder.

The deep breaths I take aren't helping, I loosed Andrea because of her, and now she's sitting there laughing on my trust thinking I'm stupid. I will show them who's the stupid one here!

I open the thing I'm in again and enter the restaurant. The moment my eyes met hers, I didn't get calm fuck that shit, her damn eyes that are wandering into mine coldly made me feel a certain discomfort I've always brushed away when she's around.

"You, follow me," I order pointing at bailey, then look at Blake and spit, "and you, I'll take care of you later," I wait there for the miss to move but I get nothing. I grab her wrist and yank her from the chair.

I start moving with her in my hand but the dumbass stops in my way.

"I don't want to cause a damn scene in a public place, so if you don't want me to fucking break your nose you better step out of the way," I say through greeted teeth. He looks at Bailey for the last time and I don't wait for them to say goodbye like the lovesick couple they are.

I drive home in a hurry not giving either of us a chance to talk. Her calm self through the ride making me suspicious.

I open the door and head to the living room with  Bailey following me, I sit on the couch, my hands resting on either side and spit,

"Explain,"