Chapter 17

Alex left for work after the awkward. Angry conversation they had about her still being a virgin and Jenny went to shop for her new phone sad.
"I'll take that one. " she pointed at it and the woman packaged it ,checked and gave her the recipt.
"I'd like to buy the new Aero headset- "
The man talked in a rush and turned to look at her in surprise which she ignored.
"Jennifer Jerkins? "
She turned towards him. "Mr Burt? "
She looked between him and the door considering making a bee line for the door.
The last time she had a private encounter with him ,it ended in an awkward way.
"What are you doing here? "
She questioned nervously.
"Well I just came to buy something for my son. "
"Oh you're married. " she stated and looked at anywhere but where he was standing. "I'm a single dad. "
She blushed.
"Do you want to join me for coffee? "
He asked grabbing his package from the vendor.
"Yeah sure why not? "
He guided her outside and towards his Mitsubishi Lancer Evo x.
"Get in. "
She gave a small smile then entered the front seat of the car.
"Nice ride. "
He muttered a thanks. "Seatbelt." he reminded.
"Oh right"

The drive to the diner was awkward and weird mostly because none knew how to start a conversation and they both didn't know what to say.
"Quickie Burgers? " she looked at him in question.
"You've never heard of it before? "
She shook her head slowly and he flashed her a smile. "Its a popular diner and one of my favourite place you know? "
"Why wouldn't it be popular? Who names a restaurant after sex?"
He doubled over with laughter. "For a girl who is quite shy you are pretty blunt. "
Before she could reply, he dragged her inside and requested a booth.
"I'm sorry about yesterday. "
She furrowed her brows in confusion then blinked.
"If you are talking about the class incident, I totally deserved it. I was being rude. "
"Regardless. You missed your lunch break. And your medications "
Jenny took a big bite of her burger and chewed slowly then swallowed.
"No P. Atleast you're making up for it by buying me snacks and if I wasn't there you could have died. "
Mr Burt smiled. "I guess you're right. "
Jenny smiled back.

                                                     *~*

Jenny waved as he drove off.
She had spent her entire day with him.
He had told her jokes ,made her laugh, told her about his hobbies and also about his son who was about eleven years old.
He had adopted the kid from his sister that died during childbirth and named him Wyatt.
He even taught how to use the new eye fryer she called a phone. And he gave her his number.
His number!
It actually wasn't a big deal but she was happy because he made her forget about the fight she had with Alex today.
She sighed in content as ahe closed the door and threw her keys on the counter not realizing a figure was there.
"Where were you? "
Jenny jumped from fright.  "Jesus! Alex you scared me. "
"I asked you where did you go? "
"This is the second time you're doing thus Alex. I can go where ever I want and whenever I want. "
Alex stood up from where he was sitting.
"I saw you ,you know. " he said.
"Saw me doing what? "
Alex gave a sadistic laughter. "I am not a fool Jenny. I saw you with that guy! Who was he?!" he shouted and she flinched.
"Oh."
"Oh? Oh? That's all you have to say? "
Jenny frowned and brushed past him. "I will not be treated like am some property. "
He grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "I was still talking. "
Jenny glared at him and pulled her arm free.
"You are an ass Alex. A big definition of a jerk. You offended me this morning and you left without even saying sorry. You ignored me.
Now you're acting like as if nothing happened. Like I am your personal bitch! Uh-uh. I am my own person Alex and if you're going to allow some stupid jealousy to cloud your mind then kudos to you ."

"You had lunch with him. "
Jenny scoffed.
"I had a burger and a beer with him. How is that lunch? "
"If that was all why didn't you come home earlier? "
Jenny sighed. "I didn't come home beacuse of you. Because I couldn't deal with you. But wait a minute how did you know I even had 'lunch' with him? " she questioned.
Alex looked at his feet embarrassed and red.
"Were you ... Oh my god. You followed me? "
He kept mute. "You literally followed me? Answer me Alex did you or did you not follow me ?"
He ran his fingers through his hair and groaned.
"Yes jenny I followed you. "
Jenny shook her head in disbelief. "Why? "
Alex scratched his eyebrow. "Uh... Well you see. *clears throat*  This morning after I had left, I realized I was a jerk to you after we made love -"
"No Alex we had sex. Making love means having a happy morning the next day so you can compare and find the difference. "
She stretched and took a glass from the cabinet. 
"So... I decided to come back home and my Mom was still home. She told me you had just left and that you were going to get a new phone so I went to look for you. And I found you. Only you weren't alone. You were with him then you followed him out and went to some restaurant and then to  God knows where so I came back home. "

Jenny sipped the water.
"Nothing is going on between my teacher and I, I just saw him at the phone store and he offered me coffee but ended up buying me a burger and beer. It hardly anything Alex. I love you Alex and it hurts that you don't trust me and you have to if am going to be your girlfriend.  "
Alex choked on his spit and coughed. "Are you okay? "
"Yeah. So you want to be my girlfriend huh? "
Jenny blinked.

So now Jenny and Alex want to label their relationship. Is that a good thing? Or a bad thing?
Either way this makes TRAIN JEAN irrelevant now or is it? 😕

About this new character Mr Burt who is interacting with our main character here. What's up with him ?😐
I think I've said to much.  Well then.
Bye! !!

#Chelsea #