Chapter 33

Jenny just continued to stare at her eyes.
There was something off about them.

They looked familiar. So familiar yet distant.
The woman's eyes watered and she sobbed.
"Is everything okay Mrs Callman? I'm so sorry about the broken picture. "
The woman held her gaze intensely. " you look so much like her. Like my little girl.  "
Jenny cleared her throat. 
Here we go again! "Um...yes , I get that a lot but am Jenny. "
The woman looked sad and guilty.

Jenny mentally smacked herself. The poor lady was probably think of her daughter and she went ahead to say um ...yes, i get that a lot.
What's wrong with you Jenny?
"Am sorry. I wasn't thinking, I should probably go. "
Jane smiled.
"No Don't go. Stay a little longer you can go through the memory book with me."
Jenny shook her head. "Nah that's pretty personal I should give you your privacy."
"Its lonely going through it alone so please stay. Yes? "
"If you put it that way... Sure. "

Jane smiled again. "Excellent. Let's seat. "
Jane dropped the book she was holding which Jenny did not notice before. 
"Shall we? "
Jenny gave a small smile. "Sure. "
The first page took her by surprise.
"Zoey was a twin? "
Jane nodded and wiped the under of her eye. "Very few people knew about her. The other twin. "
"What was her name? "
Jane laughed and a tear dropped. "Zoya Blake Callman. My little girl. I should have listened, I was warned. "
"Zoya ,open up for mummy darling. "

"Goodnight Zoey. Goodnight zoya. Sleep tight. "

"Dada. "
"Oh my gosh !! Hunter come here! Come here! "
"What is it Jane? "
"It's zoya. She said her first word and guess what? "
"What? "
"She said 'Dada'  come on honey repeat it for daddy. "
"Dada. "
Hunter came to kiss his daughter's head and hugged his wife.
"I love you Jane."
"I love you too hunter. "

"Je....Jenn.....Jenny? Jenny! "
Jenny shook startled. "Yeah what? "
Jane smiled at her and said something nut she couldn't concentrate.
Those voices and flashes.
What did they mean? Where they hers?  
"Jenny?"
Jenny shook her head again. "Sorry. What were you saying? "
"I said this was the first day Zoya said her first word. I can still remember it. I gues it was something like ...cha..no no. It was ..let's see ...."
Jenny looked at the picture and saw herself . "Dada. "
Jane turned to her immediately. 
Jenny's fingers traced over the little figure in her father's arms. "This is her right? The Zoya girl."
Jane placed her hand on top of hers. "Yes. She's the one. "
"Can you tell me what happened to her? "
Jane covered her face and sobbed. "I feel so guilty. Am a horrible mother for what I did to my baby girl. "
"What did you do ?"
Jane sniffled. "Shouldn't be telling you this but some how I feel like I can trust you. "
Jenny smiled. "Me too. "
Jane closed her eyes as that horrible day began to play in her mind.  The day she gave her daughter away.
"I...."
Jane sobbed.  "She was sick. "
Jane looked at her. "Very sick. The doctor said that she needed treatment but my husband and I could not afford it so I gave her to a friend to take care of her for the main time.
I was going to pay her back in return she allowed me to see my daughter two times a week.
I worked hard....I did everything...I waited tables..I cleaned...I sew.
Everything just to pay that woman back.
She'd threaten me that once the expire date was up she'd take my daughter and I couldn't take it. I pushed myself harder till I was able to raise some money added from some friends and a loan from the bank to get her back.
I finally had the money...."
Jane sniffled and wiped her nose. "I had the money...but...but...she wouldn't take it. She didn't want to give me back my daughter. 
I threatened to report her but she ignored me saying that it'd be her word against mine. I realised that I should have listened to my husband's warning. Wished I had listened. She avoided me at her usual tea spot till she stopped coming all together. I was a literate but to an extent. I regret asking for her help till this day. I regret it. Sometimes I wondered if my baby girl will ever forgive me for what I did. "
Jenny felt the need to reassure her. "Of course she will.  It was either that or she'd have died. "
Jane smiled.
"But Mrs Callman...I mean Mrs Jane, if you saw her would you recognize her? "
"Of course I would. I am her mother after all but she wouldn't believe me...what's the use ruining her life and all that she has come to know and love? Would I gain anything from doing that?
No. It'll only make her hate me and I can't bear it. "

Jenny looked at her and before she lost her nerve, she hugged the petite woman.
Jane got caught by surprise.  "What's this for? "
"For you to feel better. "
All of a sudden Jane stopped smiling. All the glee and happiness fled away from her face and got replaced with a frown.
"Is ... Did I say something that I shouldn't have ?"
Jane all but stood up and walked away that made Jenny feel sad and weird.
She felt a motherly connection with this stranger than with her own mother.
Jenny laughed a cynical laugh and rested her head back.
Who would have thought that she'd feel envious of Zoey and Zoya. They were definitely so lucky to have such a mother.

"Jenny...there you are."
Jenny turned around and saw Ceccy. "Hey Ceccy how's it going? You enjoying the party? "
"Yeah. There's a woman outside trying to cause a commotion. She says she's  your mother. "
Jenny was up and out with the speed of lightning.
Jenny ran down the stairs and bumped into someone but didn't wait to apologize.
She ran out side and made her way to the gate.
Yep that was definitely her mom.
"Why are you here mom? "
Susanne looked her up and down. "You are so grounded right now. "
"Heard you were making a scene. "
"So what if I was. I asked you to stay at home but you disobeyed me and went to this nonsense party. "
"Its a memorial. "
"Memorial..party, same thing. Lets go home Jenny. "
"No. "
Susanne held the bar of the gate so tight her knuckles turned white.
"We're going home Jenny I mean it don't provoke me. "
Jenny folded her arms.  "I said no and why are you wearing glasses? Its already midnight. "
"None of your business now let's go home! "
Jenny sighed and allowed the guard to open the gate for her and she went to join her mother who was outside as the guard would not let her in.
"We'll talk at home.  Lets go. "
Jenny stopped beside her bike.
"I'll ride beside you. "
Susanne narrowed her eyes at her. "I can't leave my bike here then I'll have to come back to get it. "
Susanne just walked to her car.
Jenny smiled to her self and wore her gloves then her helmet.
She felt someone staring at her then turned around.
Up therevwas Mrs Callman looking at her.
Jenny waved as a sign of good bye and mounted her bike roaring it to life before riding away alongside her mother.
Jane watched her back shrink in size till she could she her no more.
She only had one question in mind.
Wasn't that susanne?

Hey hey.
Hope you liked this chapter cos i did.
Jenny had some flash backs.
Jane recognizes Susanne.
So the end is already here.... Right?

💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😝😌😌😌😌😔😔

#Chelsea #