chapter 27

A few minutes later Jenny woke up and yawned.
She had a a quick shower threw on a pair of white jeans and a blue sweat shirt with white vans and left her room.
She grabbed her phone from the counter where it was charging and her wallet then finally her keys.
She all but ran her hands through her hair as she came outside and sighed fully rested.
About to leave the house she glanced at the side and saw her aunt gazing at the sky.
Guilt began to eat her mind and she bit her lip out of habit.
"Aunt..."
"You know you used to call me Mama Doris when you were younger. To you, Then. I was a mother before an aunt. "
"Am sorry Aunt. Pls forgive me. I don't know what came over me"
"What's going on between you and my son? "
Jenny's heart skipped a beat. "W-what? "
"You were both so close and now you fight all the time. Is he bothering you? Did he offend you? "

"No not at all. I was just angry because he shouted  at me at the principal's office. I was just acting like a child. "
"But you are a child. I remember when I first held you in my arms. Oh you were just so beautiful. Everyone wanted to touch you and hold you. They all badly wanted you to smile if they held you. That was your sign of approval. "
"Pls forgive me aunt.  "
Doris closed her book and stood up from her chair.
"I forgive you. I shouldn't have pushed it either.  You will be an adult very soon and its understandable that you act like one so we are even. " Doris smiled warmly at her. "Anyways tell me where you're off to beacuse you're all dressed up," Doris inhaled. "And you smell absolutely wonderful. "
"Nowhere in particular. I've been inside for too long just wanted some air. "
Doris gave her a hug. "I love you dear. " she said catching Jenny off guard.
"I love you too... Mama Doris. "
Doris laughed softly. "Get going. I won't keep you any longer and get back before it gets late okay? "
"Alright. I'll be going. Bye. "
"Bye "
Jenny closed the gate behind her and smiled briefly at her aunt before leaving.
The conversation had turned out better than expected. 
Jenny thought the older woman would ignore her and let her die of guilt. That was the main reason why she wanted to leave the house and go out.
Also she wanted to get a hair cut. It was important that she got one.
She had to cut of any memory of her old self. The one that was feisty but weak at the same time.
The one that ran away from her problems instead of facing it.
She didn't want to be that Jenny any more. She wanted to be changed and brand new.

She entered into the barber's shop slowly. Her eyes scanning the place. "Welcome to Lan's barber's shop what can I do for you today? " An awfully happy voice called.
Jenny turned around and saw a man around Flin's age. He wore dark skinny jeans and a camo t shirt with combat boots.
Dude even wore eyeliner, make up and stuff.
"Um Good Afternoon? I'd love get a hair cut. "
The man looked her up and down. "Why? Its beautiful. All it needs is to be recurled , some oil and a bit of trimming. "
"Well. I want it cut low. "
She said through her teeth glaring at him.

"Well sit down. "
She sat down at stared at her reflection in the mirror as the man wrapped the cloth around her neck and brought out a magazine.
She rose an eyebrow.
"Choose a style. "
Her eyes scanneed the magazine for two minutes till she saw what she wanted. "This one. "
"Ok then lets get to it. "
He brought out a pair of scissors and began cutting it slowly like he was waiting for her to tell him to stop which was not going to happen.
She watched as her reddish locks fell on the cloth.
Hair that her mother took care of and brushed every night till things changed.
Her mother used. Underline it. Used to buy her all sorts of hair accessories and hair products to make her hair shine and beautiful.
The barber stopped.  "Are you sure about this? "
Jenny groaned in annoyance.
"Get it over with already. "
The barber switched the scissors for the clippers and began working on her hair again.
She picked a piece of her hair from her laps and held it in her hand remembering those painful memories.
Alex once told her that her hair always seemed to lick the sun and all that cliche shit.
It was a favourite habit of his to push a stray lock of her hair behind her ears.
He loved to play with it in every way that he could.
If she wanted to change she had to start with this.
Cutting her hair.
She had wanted to cut it her self but this was better and she appreciated the silence.
She was sure that when she got home Aunt Doris would have a heart attack and the old lady had a pretty good reason to be shocked.
The barber switched again and continued his work.
She looked at his name tag. "Miguel. "
Jenny rolled her eyes. Mexicans.

"So you don't own this shop.  "
"Nope. It belongs to my brother. Well half brother. "
He moved to the front and began trimming the tip.
"Want to tell me why you decided to get a hair cut? "
"Nope. "
"Straight forward. I like you more already. "
Jenny rolled her eyes again.
With a satisfied smirk he kissed his fingers. "Magnifico. "
Jenny looked at her face in the mirror and gasped.
Was this her?
She slowly brought her hand up to touch her hair then her face.
She could she her facial features clearer now.
Her boyish look was more appealing and kind of ....
Kind of handsome.

"Damn girl you look hot enough to eat. I'd kiss you right now but sadly am gay."
Jenny laughed. "Yeah I noticed. With the eyeliner and the make up. "

She looked at her self in the mirror on last time and couldn't help but smile.
Truly she was a site to behold.

Hey hey.
So our tour will soon be over. Just wanted you guys to know.

Jenny got a hair cut😐
Like wtf?
I'd kill to have her hair.
Silly me.  I 'll stop talking now.

Surprises are yet to come in this intriguing drama.
Its decision people off to the next chapter if you would.

😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😀

#Chelsea #