Chapter 20

The glares. The cold shoulder. Silent treatment.
You name it. 
She got it all from alex since they left the school premises.
He then fell back on ignoring her throughout the drive home.
He parked his car and came out quickly without bothering to wait for her.
"Alex..."
Alex just banged the door in her face.
She opened it gently and entered the house and there he was. She almost bumped into him.
"Would you-"
"Were you fucking him while i was with you? "
She slapped him hard across the face.
It was hard not to.
Her face contoured into one of anger and she flared up.

"How dare you! If you will not believe me then at least give a some respect! "
"Why should I?! You haven't given me any reason to !!"
He shouted.
"Is the fact that am your girlfriend mean nothing to you? The fact that i care about you,that i love you that i can't live without you. "
She shoved him.
"Does it mean nothing to you? ! Uh! Does it? !"
She continued pushing him and hitting him trying to control the tears that were falling but she couldn't.
"Your tears aren't going to change the fact that you were caught with your teacher. "
"Doimg what? We weren't doing anything. "
Alex shook his head. "Jenny i saw both of you in that diner then i see a picture of you on top of him like you were going to kiss him.
Jenny he held your waist! And the look in his eyes were the same with the one i give you. Love! Do you know how it feels when some else takes away what belongs to you?! It is fricking frustrating! Do you know what i was doing before i was called to come to your school? "
She kept quiet.
"I was planning to ask you out on a date. Just the two of us and now..."
Jenny saw pain in his eyes. He was tearing up.
He was hurt and she understood him.
She would do the same if it were her but still she would give him a chance to explain and even forgive him because she loved him.

She cupped his face with her hands.
"Alex. Listen to me. Those pictures mean nothing. I would never hurt you that way my love. You mean so much to me. "

SONG PLAYING: you said you'd grow old with me by Michael Schulte. 😥
(My eyes watered when listening to this song check it out.)

Alex pulled her hands from his face and watched as her face crumbled. 
"Jenny."
She looked him in the eye pleading with him not.to say it.
"Maybe its best if we give each other some space. "
Jenny closed her eyes as the tears dropped. 
"Is that what you really want? "
He looked away and nodded. "I need it. "
He turned to her. "You owe it to me. "
She nodded. "Okay."
He stared at her surprised then covered it immediately. "Thankyou."
She watched him run up stairs without sparing her a glance.
She covered her mouth with her hand to stop the sobs that threatened to come out.

Alex locked the door behind him and rested his on the door trying to understand what just happened. 
They were over.
Done.
Finished.
No more Alex and Jenny or Jenny and Alex.
He went to lie down on his bed inhaling and exhaling slowly then closed his eyes ignoring the tears that were rolling down his cheeks.
They just labelled their relationship and now this?
Why him?
Why did the universe hate him so much?
His phone rang startling him. 
He dung into his pocket and retrieved his phone.
"Dude where are you ? Cassie and I have been standing here for ages. Come on time waits for no one. "
He rubbed his face and sighed. "Yeah about that...I...there is no double date Josh. Just enjoy some time with your girl. "
"Alex is everything okay? "
He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Yes everything is alright am just tired. Maybe some other time. "

"Are you sure? Cos..."
"Dude! "
He was so angry right now and this wasn't the time for Josh to start playing 20 20 questions. "Okay okay. Goodnight bro. "
"Nite. "
He hung up and threw his phone to a corner.
Maybe they were never meant to be.
Maybe it was for the best.

                                                *~*

That day Alex refused to eat dinner because Jenny was there and that made her loose appetite. 
The day after that, he just ignored her.
He almost made her fall.
He made her bleed as she was trying to cut the carrots for lunch as he bumped into her.
She confronted him but he left the kitchen without even saying sorry.
With annoyance Jenny threw the knife into the sink and went to her room.

By night fall when aunt Doris came back from work , everywhere was eerily quiet. 
Not even a single sound. 
She went to Alex's room and saw him sleeping facing the other side.
Which was strange. 
He never went to bed before she came home.
When she got to Jenny's room the door was locked from the inside.
What was going on?
She sighed.
"Philip? "
The sound of the shower being turned off was heard.
"Yes love? "
Philip came out of the bathroom with a towel around hus waist.
"Nothing. I was just making sure you were home. "
He threw on a shirt and then a pair of pj pants.
"Yeah i came back like three hours ago. "
"Were the children asleep when you came back? "
Philip climbed into bed and snuggled into the duvet then sighed in content.  "Yes. They've been like that since yesterday. "
Doris furrowed her brow. "Strange. They're always bickering at each other no stop. Do you know what happened ?"
"I asked my self the same thing till i got a call from the principal telling me that he sent someone to bring Jenny the subjects taught in class. I guess note or something. "
Doris bent down to take off her heels. "Why? Is she sick? "

"Honey i asked him the exact same thing and guess what he told me. "
"What? "
"He said that Jenny got suspended for supposely having a non academic  relationship with her teacher. "
Doris froze instantly.
"What?!"

You hate me. I know but it had to happen for the story to progress.
Remember at the end of the tunnel there is light.
So lets hope Alex and jenny get there before all hope.is lost 😞

#Chelsea #