Chapter 37

Susanne quickly wiped her tears.
"Honey when did you wake up? "
Jenny frowned. 
"Don't change the subject.  Mrs Callman just called me her daughter. "
"I didn't want you to find out this way. "
"And yet I did! "
"Jenny...."
"Why did you do it ? Why did you take me away from my mother when you refused to show me the amount of affection I deserved?!"
Susanne wiped her nose then hiccuped.
"I..don't know...Forgive me,"

"Get out! " Jenny said then turned her head to the side.
"Please.  "
"I said get out! Both of you! Get out of here now! "
The monitor began to beep and the doctor came rushing in with the nurses.
"Please do leave. "
Jane frowned. "I am not going any where I want to be here for my daughter. "
"Ma'am you have to leave. Once she's stable I give you my word that you can come in. "
Jane looked at Susanne then at the doctor. "Fine. We'll leave. "
Once they were outside Susanne tried to talk to her.
"Jane..."
"Don't."  Jane said firmly to which Susanne only nodded.

                                                    *~*
😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

When Jenny woke up she saw Alex holding her hand and she frowned. "What are you doing here? "
"Jenny don't.  You'll hurt yourself. "
"Atleast. Not as much as you hurt me. "
Alex kissed her hand.  "I know I hurt you. We all did but you shouldn't be so hard on Susanne. "
"Shouldn't be hard on her? Are you listening to yourself? I was the only one. The only one who didn't know that I was adopted! "
Alex looked away.
"For how long Alex? How many freaking years have you known but decided not to tell me? "
Alex ran a hand through his head.
"Ten years give or take. "
"Ten years. " she chuckled remembering what happened yesterday night.
"I gave you chances to tell me. This is why I hate lies and secrets! It destroys everything! It kills. "
Jenny's eyes watered.  "My baby died because of it. If you had told me, this wouldn't have happened! My baby wouldn't have died! "
She cried and when he tried to comfort her she moved away.
"Don't touch me. I wish I never loved you. " she sobbed.
"I wish I mever met you that day. I wish I didn't give in to you. Am so STUPID! stupid to think that happiness was meant to be part of my life. "
"No. Don't say that my love. Please don't say that, please? It breaks my heart because I love you.  "
"I loved you too but now. We ," she indicated between her and him. "Us. That is you and I...are over. No more Alex. No more. "

"Are you...are you breaking up with me Jenny? "
Her eyes looked lifeless and cold. "We already broke up remember am just putting a stamp on it Alex. I'm done with you, this relationship. Your lies. "
Alex grabbed her hand and shook his head.
"I'm sorry Jenny."
"Am sorry too Alex. I don't want to ever see your face again. You lying bastard.  I hate you! I hate all of you! "
She was heaving and her nostrils flared as she glared at him.
Alex stood up and went to the door. "Wait. "
He turned around. "You forgot something. "
She pulled the clasped bracelet from her wrist. The one he had given to her and threw it at him bitterly.
He caught it out of reflex and stared down at it.
He worked hard to get this for her. He rubbed the chain affectionately then looked at her.
"Leave now. "
He walked up to her and grabbed her wrist painfully because he was in pain and clasped the bracelet back in place.
"Keep it. "
She shook her head. If she kept it she'd never move on.
"I don't want it. "
"Please. Even though you won't wear it. Atleast keep it. "
"No. I said  I don't want it."
She removed it and gave it back to him with a shaky hand.
"I love you. "
"...." she didn't reply.
He sighed and bent his head. Hesitantly he pressed his lips to her forehead.
She almost sighed and leaned into his touch but she had to be strong. To be brave. 
"Remember Jenny. For us there is no goodbye. There is only and ever will be an always. "
She smiled sadly. "Till then. "

He smiled.  "Till then. "
He walked to the door and turned around. A silent message was passed between the two.

I will always love you Jenny never forget that.

And i you.

He smiled again. "Good bye Jenny till next time. "
When she didn't reply he sighed and dropped the bracelet for her by the window side.
He pulled the door open waiting to hear her call to him but she didn't he walked out the door and closed it behind him but now before hearing her bust into tears and whisper.

"Good bye My...Alex.."
He wiped his eyes and took a long and painful walk home avoiding his parents and everyone other person at the hospital.

Jenny closed her eyes and inhaled.

There is only and ever will be an always.

"I will always love you Alex sadly. "
She sniffled then allowed the cold darkness of a dreamless sleep to consume her.

Sorry for the short update. 
ITS OFFICIALLY OVER! !
Did Alex deserve it?
Has Jenny made a wrong decision by breaking things off with Alex?
Tell me what you think.
#Chelsea#