One.

It's been a month since Jasmine had moved back into her old hometown. After her grandparents passed away, Jasmine inherited their beautiful villa that she used to spend her summer holidays at when she was younger, until her family moved across the country for her father's new job.

Unfortunately, her parents weren't able to move back because of her father was still needed, so her mother had resorted to calling her more than often to make sure she was safe and sound. Jasmine was sure her mother was just worried that she would be lonely. I mean, it was Jasmine's first time being apart from them in her 23 years of life.

Sighing, Jasmine grabbed her bag and headed out to the coffee shop where she worked, even though she didn't have work today. It actually was lonely living in this giant house with no other company to share it with. Jasmine was often reminded of all the memories embedded into the house itself. Whether it be how her grandparents would sit on the porch each morning drinking their tea, or the memory of her running about around the edge of the small forest that was situated beside the villa, one of her favourite things about my grandparents house. She loved the breath of fresh air that breezed across the house every morning, and the sound of the birds chirping as they flitted about the trees.

Thankfully, Jasmine had kept in touch with her best friend Jimin, due to their parents' close friendship. They FaceTimed every couple of weeks and stayed extremely close, much to Jasmine's delight. Jimin was ecstatic about her return that he even offered her a job at his little coffee shop that he owned.

Walking into the empty coffee shop,  she closed her eyes and welcomed the roasted aroma with sweet notes from the pastries that were freshly baked every morning. She had come at closing time but the smell still lingered in the air.

"Jazz! You don't have work today, what are you doing here?" Jimin's sweet, melodic voice scolded her from behind the counter where he was counting the till. His brows were furrowed in a frown but his beautiful brown eyes were twinkling in amusement.

"Can't I see my best friend on my day off? I know you miss my presence. Also, the shop closes in a couple minutes, right?" Jasmine chortled,  opening her arms for a hug as Jimin rounded the corner of the counter. Jimin just laughed sweetly as he wrapped his arms around her in a bear hug. She slipped her arms around his waist, enjoying his embrace before pulling back.

"Just take a seat, love. I'll join you in a sec." He called, pulling off his apron and placing it behind the register, before rushing over to flip the open sign to closed.

Walking to the back of the coffee shop,  Jasmine sat in a booth beside the window. Jimin returned with two steaming cups of coffee and two blueberry muffins, Jasmine's favourite food in the world. She snatched it from his hand greedily and sent him the a cheeky smile. "Thanks Jiminie, you know me too well." Jimin just smiled back adoringly before taking a sip of coffee. Jasmine watched Jimin in wonder.

There was once a time when She had the biggest crush on Jimin. I mean, who could blame her? He had sparkling eyes, a cute little button nose, soft cheeks and the most plump lips she had ever seen. And he always gave the best hugs. Jasmine's little infatuation with him had faded in her teen years, but she still couldn't deny how pretty he was, even after all these years.

"So Jazz, do you remember me telling you about my bunny hybrid I had the other day?" Jimin asked, taking a bite from his muffin. She nodded absentmindedly, "Yeah, it was Jungkook, right? I'm surprised you haven't asked me to meet him, considering how much you talk about him." She chuckled, her head tilting to the side.

Jimin nodded back enthusiastically, "Yes love, I'm glad you remember. Anyway, today's your lucky day because he's coming to the shop today so we can go home together. He's bringing his friend with him, a cat hybrid to be exact." Her ears perked up at that. For some reason, cat hybrids had always intrigued Jasmine and she never really knew why. It wasn't as if she was a big cat lover. If anything, she preferred dogs over cats, but cat hybrids always tugged at one of her heart strings.