Five.

"A little boy? I don't think so J, but I do remember you would always talk about a little kitten you found by the forest. You were about seven or eight years old I think." Jasmine's brows furrowed.

"A kitten? What did it look like? Are you sure it wasn't a boy?"

"I'm sure it wasn't a boy honey, your father wouldn't have been very pleased if it was. It was a small black kitten with white bits on its ears and the top of its tail," Jasmine's eyes flashed as she could vividly see Taehyung's ears and tail in her mind. It was just as her mother described. "You always spoke about how you would feed it half your snacks. You called it Tiger because it always growled when your grandparents got too close. It was really attached to you."

Jasmine gasped as all the memories came racing back through her mind. Her petting a tiny little kitten and racing around the edge of the forest with the kitten in toe. The little nose kisses they used to share. Sharing her favourite blueberry muffins. The kitten meowing happily when she called it Tiger. That kitten was Taehyung?! Jasmine couldn't believe it. How could that tiny kitten have turned into the gorgeous man living in the room across her bedroom?

"I - um I've got to go mum. It was nice talking to you but it's getting a bit late over here."

"Okay sweetie, have a good night. I love you!"

"Love you too!"

Jasmine's mind was still boggled. She pushed the covers off of her and stalked to the cat's room, knocking on the door before barging in without waiting for a response. Taehyung's head poked out from the covers before he sat up in his bed. He looked confused.

"How come you never told me you were a literal kitten when you met me?" Taehyung stared at her blankly.

"Of course I was a kitten. We don't shift to our human form until we turn ten." Jasmine huffed. Taehyung acted as if that was general knowledge.

"I thought you met me as a child this whole time so how was I supposed to remember you! You should have told me you were in cat form so I could have remembered you faster!" Her tone was annoyed as she crossed her arms, frowning. Taehyung's eyes widened.

"You remember me?!" He couldn't hide the hope in his voice.

"Of course I remember you, tiger. It just took a bit more time... and a phone call to my mum." Jasmine replied sheepishly, scratching the back of her head. Taehyung meowed ecstatically before running toward her and pulling her into his arms.

"You remember me!" He laughed, spinning her around in circles. Jasmine squealed in delight, wrapping her arms around him for security.

"I do, silly tiger. Now let me go before I barf up the our dinner!" Taehyung put her down but didn't let her go. Instead, he pressed his face into her neck and breathed in deeply. Jasmine tilted her head to the side in response.

"I've been waiting so long for you to remember. It feels like a dream." Taehyung sighed into her neck, pulling back to gaze at her. His pupils were dilated and his ears flickered on top of his head, his tail swishing happily. Smiling she gave him a tight squeeze before letting him go completely. He reached for her, holding onto her wrist.

"It's real, tiger. I can't believe it took me so long to put two and two together! It would have been so much easier if I knew you were an actual kitten! I imagined you as a little kid with ears and a tail." Jasmine chortled in disbelief.

"A little kid with cat ears? That sounds like something from a book." Snorted Taehyung, rolling his eyes.

"Well sorry, I don't know much about hybrids, okay?" Jasmine responded defensively. Her cheeks flushed and her ears felt warm. Taehyung looked down at her and his heart swelled. She was so beautiful.

"It's okay, J. I can teach you all you need to know." Taehyung smirked, patting her head softly. A tremble went through her. Jasmine shook her head to clear her mind. He didn't mean anything by it. Get your head out of the gutter.

"Alright, alright! Enough fun and games, you should get ready for bed now Tae." Jasmine pushed Taehyung towards his bed. Taehyung made a whining noise at the back of his throat but dragged his feet to the bed anyway. He plopped himself face first into the sheets, not moving for a few seconds.

When he heard movement, he turned his head to the side to see Jasmine leaving the room. Immediately, he sat up in the bed, looking at her with forlorn eyes.

"You're not going to stay with me until I sleep tonight?" He asked in a small voice, his full bottom lip jutted out in a pretty pout. Jasmine stopped in her tracks and turned back around, moving to situate herself in the chair beside the bed.

"Sorry tiger, I totally forgot." Jasmine admitted she was more than tired from having to stay up every night until the cat fell asleep before she could go to sleep herself. She was spoiling the cat but she wanted to do whatever she could to make him comfortable. Taehyung shot her a small smile, pulling the sheets up to his chin and wiggling to get comfortable. They stared at each other for a few moments in comfortable silence, before Jasmine cleared her throat, flushing pink at the intensity his eyes bored into her with.

"Close your eyes and sleep, cat." Taehyung's nose wrinkled, shooting her a playful glare before closing his eyes.

"G'night J."

"Sweet dreams, tiger."