Seventeen.

"Are you dating your hybrid?" Jasmine's eyes were as big as saucers as she put her hands in front of her, shaking them to signify her denial. Her heart was pounding in her ears and it seemed like the blood in her body was rushing straight to her cheeks.

"No! It's not like that. He got carried away when he was... scenting me again." She finished lamely.

"So you're telling me that all hybrids leave hickeys on their owners?" He pressed, trying to understand. He didn't want to put Jasmine on the spotlight but she wasn't making any sense. Jasmine sighed in defeat.

"No, Taehyung is just... different." She looked back up at Namjoon who's expression was unreadable.

"Is he the reason you won't give us another chance?" He murmured, reaching over to hold her hand. Jasmine allowed him to.

"Joon, I don't know what to say. He needs me. And I need him." Jasmine spoke gently, rubbing her thumb against his hand in hopes to comfort him. He rubbed his thumb against the back of her hand in response.

"I still love you, you know." He laughed bitterly. He couldn't bear to look into her eyes and see the pity in them. Jasmine let out a deep breath and scooted closer to Namjoon to pull him into a hug.

"I love you too Joon, but it's a different kind of love now. I still love and cherish you greatly but it's just not romantic anymore." His grip on her tightened. He knew what she was going to say and thought he was mentally prepared for it but it still stung to hear it out loud. How could he expect her to still be in love with him after all these years and what he did to her?

"Do you love him?" He asked so softly that she almost missed it.

"Taehyung is the most important person in my life right now. And I know he will be for a long time. I haven't really questioned whether it's romantically or emotionally but he means the world to me and I hope you understand." They both released from the hug and just looked at each other. Jasmine sat there and thought about what she had said. Taehyung was always there for her, always waiting to welcome her home and spend all his time with her and care for her in every sense of the word. She loved seeing him laugh with his beautiful boxy smile and she adored his possessive side as it made her feel safe and wanted. If anything happened to him, she wouldn't know what she would do with herself.

It was like a light switch went off in her head. Jasmine's heart sped up at the revelation. She actually had feelings for Taehyung. The butterflies-in-her-stomach and angels-singing-in-her-head kind of feelings. How was she so blind? It might not be love yet but it was definitely close. Her heart and soul warmed at the realization and she smiled softly at the thought of him in her head. Her mind flew back to Namjoon's first words he said to her when they moved to the couch and her smile faded.

"But... is it weird if I do have feelings for him romantically? Because he's a hybrid?" Jasmine asked in a small voice, vulnerability present in her tone. Namjoon felt his heart lurch and took her hand in both of his to give her knuckles a kiss.

"Of course not. You deserve to be happy and if he's the one who makes you happy, then who am I to judge?" He smiled crookedly. Jasmine felt awful for telling him but she felt like he deserved to know instead of being strung along, even if it was unintentionally. She knew that she couldn't keep it from him any longer without making him hurt anymore than he already was. She felt terrible knowing that he still had feelings for her when she couldn't return them but she couldn't change her heart. But she felt so reassured by his acceptance of her and Taehyung. It was a controversial topic in their society because some people still mistreated hybrids so having Namjoon accept them was amazing in itself.

"Thank you." She whispered, resting her head on his shoulder. They sat there in silence, hand in hand, as the listened to the buzz of the boys clattering in the kitchen. When the boys were finally finished, Namjoon and Jasmine stood up.

"I guess it's my cue to leave," Namjoon chuckled. "Thanks for having me over Jimin, the food was delicious." Namjoon pulled Jimin and Jungkook into a hug.

"Thanks Jazz. For everything." Namjoon pulled Jasmine into a hug, wrapping his long arms around her. She smiled sadly and hugged him back.

"You too Joon. I know it's selfish of me to ask but I would really love if we could be friends. I understand you need time but whenever you're ready, you know where to find me, okay?" She murmured.

"Of course. We'll definitely see each other around." He pressed a kiss onto Jasmine's temple before releasing her from his hold.

"See ya, Taehyung." Namjoon had his hand outstretched in front of the hybrid, expecting a rejection. Surprised etched into his handsome features when Taehyung slipped his hand into his and shook his hand firmly.

"Bye Namjoon." The hybrid replied, smiling slightly. Jasmine watched on in confusion and surprise. Why had Taehyung watched on silently when Namjoon hugged her and had even pressed a kiss to her head? Usually he would have jumped in and pulled them apart, at the very least.

They all walked Namjoon to the door, waving goodbye as he hopped into the car.

"Keep in touch, yeah?" Jasmine called after him, watching him go sadly. Namjoon just smiled warmly, his dimples finally making an appearance.

"The magical beans are ready for you whenever you are!" Jimin called, waving at him enthusiastically. They watched in silence as he reversed out of the driveway and sped off into the road.

"Jiminie hyung, is there any dessert?" Jungkook chirped, breaking the silence.

"None for you bunny, you broke two plates when you washed the dishes tonight. You're lucky you didn't hurt yourself!" Jimin scolded, furrowing his brows at the bunny who whimpered and hid his eyes with his long ears.

"Did you want to stay for a cup of tea, love?" Jimin asked, placing his hand on Jasmine's arm. Jasmine smiled at him and shook her head.

"I think we better get going Jimin. I'm getting a bit tired and Taehyung hasn't spent much time with me today." She replied, wrapping her arms around Jimin's thin waist. He hugged her back before releasing her.

"Alright, love. I'm coming over in the morning so you better update me. On everything." Jasmine smiled and nodded at him, before hauling Taehyung to their car.

When they finally arrived home, Taehyung had intertwined his fingers with hers and pulled her toward the couch, where he pulled her into his lap. She curled into him, resting her head on his chest with his arms wrapped around her. Jasmine closed her eyes and just enjoyed the warmth and comfort that Taehyung provided her, listening to the smooth beating of his heart.

"I heard everything."