Eight.

Jasmine mentally backpedalled. Was tomorrow too soon? Was she pushing her luck? She couldn't help it, she was just so excited that Taehyung said yes! Taehyung must have seen the worry on her face because he lifted his hands and smoothed his fingers over the creases of her brows.

"You're going to get wrinkles if you keep stressing yourself out. " He stated, hiding his smile. Jasmine swatted his hands away from her face and frowned harder, just so spite him.

"Silly J," he chuckled. "We can go tomorrow, you have the day off right?"

"Well.. no I don't actually." Jasmine replied sheepishly. "But I'm sure I can call Jimin and ask him if I could work the following day instead of tomorrow?" Taehyung nodded along to her response thoughtfully. He didn't really care when he would get officially adopted however he could tell that Jasmine really wanted to get all the documents sorted and signed as soon as possible. It was like she was worried he would change his mind.

"Whenever is fine, you don't need to swap your shifts just for this. We can always go the day after tomorrow."

"Nope! It has to be tomorrow!" Jasmine stated, and Taehyung could hear the finality in her voice. "I'll give Jimin a call now and ask him!" Before Taehyung could utter a single word to her, Jasmine had already zipped to her bedroom with her phone in hand. Chuckling to himself, Taehyung wandered into the kitchen to find someone to eat.

"Jimin! HE SAID YES!" Jasmine screamed into her phone once the unassuming male picked up his mobile after several dials. Jasmine was laying in her bed, kicking her feet in excitement.

"YOU PROPOSED?!" Jimin shouted, disbelief coated in his tone. Jasmine sputtered at Jimin's response, pulling the phone away from her ear.

"Yes Jiminie, we're eloping. You're not invited." She joked, spreading her limbs out in a starfish position, minus the hand holding her phone to her ear.

"Funny," Jimin replied dryly. "But what did he actually say yes to?"

"I asked him if I could officially adopt him." She said simply.

"Oh congratulations, love! I knew he would say yes! All that worry for nothing." Jimin teased, the light tilt in his voice making Jasmine's smile spread further.

"It feels like everything's going into place, the way it's meant to be." Jasmine breathed in contentment. She felt so light and airy, it was wonderful.

"By the way Jimin, I may have told Taehyung that we are going to adopt him tomorrow." Jasmine said sheepishly, hoping that Jimin would get the hint.

"So let me guess, you want to take tomorrow off?"

"I'll work the day after, I promise! You don't need to pay me at all, I just don't want him to change his mind on me if I leave it for too long." There was an undertone or desperation underlining Jasmine's voice and Jimin snickered as he detected it.

"You're fine, love. Just take tomorrow off, and don't be silly! Of course I'll still pay you for your work. This is just as important to me as it is to you! I can see how Taehyung has made you feel warm and loved, and less lonely. It's been so hard on you and I'm really glad that he's been able to fill that little void inside of you after you-know-who. I just want to see you happy." Jasmine's eyes started to itch and her nose started to tickle at Jimin's words. He really was the sweetest person in the world and all she could ever ask for in a best friend - even though he did bring up her ex-boyfriend.

"Did I ever tell you how much I love you?"

"No, but tell me everything you love about me, I'm all ears." Jimin giggled. Jasmine rolled her eyes, a smile toying on her lips.

"Just you and your fun-sized self is enough." She chortled, laughing harder when Jimin's whine of disbelief sounded through her ears.

"Alright, I've got to go now. I need to tell Taehyung and then get all the documents ready to bring along. I'll talk to you later Jimin." Jimin responded with a soft bye before she hung up the phone. Humming happily to herself she readied all the documents and her identification that she would need to bring along.

The following day was a flurry of commotion, from waking up her hybrid to get ready on time, to rushing them out the door with toast in hand, to filling out the paperwork and handing over documents at the adoption centre. Taehyung was still in sleep mode up until he had to take a photo for his own hybrid identification in the system, where he posed with such an alluring stare into the camera that the camera lady was left star struck. Jasmine smiled proudly at her hybrid. Her hybrid. She almost did a happy dance when they handed her the final documentation and hybrid ID card until she realized she was a full-fledged adult. But that didn't stop her when they exited the doors of the adoption centre. Taehyung watched Jasmine in amusement as she danced to a silent beat in her head, twirling and jumping around.

"Are you that happy, J?" His rich voice seeped through her ears, making her blush as she turned to him.

"It does! You're finally mine!" Taehyung's heart fluttered in his chest and his smile spread wide, taking on a beautiful boxy shape. He was hers. Hers. Officially. And it was wonderful.

"I've always been yours. This adoption doesn't change that fact." The words felt like they were whispered into Jasmine's ears with the way his velvety tone made her feel. She shivered in delight and pleasure. Smiling shyly, she outstretched her hand out toward him.

"Let's go home, tiger."