6

I couldn't believe it. He was poisoned. How?  When? All these questions still didn't have an answer and that's what I was on my way to Cole's house to find out. The test to find out what kind of poison was used was carried out and now the result is out. He's just the first out of the many that we're going to die and that was a fact that I knew I didn't want to believe was actually true.

          On my arrival at his house, I could hear the cries of Mrs Grey from where I was standing on the front porch. I held in my tears because I had to be strong for her too. Breaking down in front of her was only going to make things harder. She didn't deserve this. None of us did, but fate got a way of messing with us. It fucks us up real bad.

           I entered the house and immediately bundled Mrs Grey in my arms just holding her and I let her cry. She cried for almost an hour before she calmed down and it was a sob and a sniffle that would be heard occasionally.

             I went into the kitchen and fixed her a cup of tea seeing as she loathes coffee. After given her the tea, I went in the kitchen to make some snacks seeing as we had a long day ahead and Mitchy was on her way already. I settled on making some bitter chocolate cookies, Mrs Grey's favorite, some chocolate chip cookies for myself and Mitchy and lasagna for dinner.

              I was done with the bitter cookies when Mrs Grey entered the kitchen. She saw the cookies and I could tell she was about to breakdown again because of the cookies. They have a story behind it. Turns out that when Mrs Grey was in high school she made these cookies for her class and shocker, sarcasm hinting at my voice here, that no one liked the cookies except Mr Grey and that's how a high school love story began. I find it sweet though that there is still something like that in life.

               She just smiled at me and picked one of the cookies and started munching on it. The doorbell rang and I left to answer it. It was the medical mail carrier and he had brought the results. I signed the form and bade him goodbye. As I was shutting the door, Mitchy arrived and talk about perfect timing. She didn't look so good and I could tell she was crying some seconds ago. When she got to the door, I engulfed her in a hug and I let her cry just like I did for Mrs Grey. She looked up at me and whispered a thank you.

             When she saw the chocolate chip cookies, she flashed me that her award winning smile that I've missed. I was just purring the lasagna in the oven so it could start cooking, when I turned and saw both women who had become my everything looking at me with eyes I understood.

            "I'm fine, don't worry about me", I told them but I knew that they didn't fully believe me. I felt tears at my eyes but I reminded myself to be strong. I decided to steer things from me. "The results came in the mail. Would you like to check it out? ". To say that we we're all freaked out would be an understatement.

             But what we saw wasn't like anything we would have expected. So it turns out that the medication that Cole was given was laced with a deadly serum that one dose of it could kill. To think that we would be safe in the hospital. The doctor who administered the medication is suddenly missing. Well I guess there is really no surprise there.

               After dinner, Mitchy and I decided to spend the night with Mrs Cole. I wouldn't sleep alone not knowing what was really out there. Whoever was doing this was really dangerous and so many things we're at risk. I and Mitchy slept in Coles room on his bed because there we felt closer to him.

               After sometime of not been able to sleep, I turned to find Mitchy silently staring at the ceiling. I just looked at her and that's all it took for me to burst into tears and she was right there to hold me because we will always be each others shoulder to cry on. She said, "its okay to cry, to feel emotional, to feel weak. We don't always have to be strong all by ourselves. That's what you have me for. I'm you and you're me. Together forever".

         I sniffed and looked up at her, "Together forever ".

........................
Hey y'all am sorry for the long time update. I just have really well uncomfortable things going on for me. As you all know, sunday was fathers day. Cherish your daddy because he's the best thing that's gonna happen in your life. Mines gone forever and I miss him everyday. I'll update later this evening by Gods grace.
Tjex loves you. 😘😘