7

I woke up earlier than I expected I would. So I decided I'll male breakfast for everyone. I settled on pancakes, chocolate syrup, strawberries and yoghurt.

           By the time I had finished putting everything on the table, Mrs Grey and Mitchy had made their way downstairs dressed and ready for today.

              As we ate, we made final detailed additions for the burial, seeing as it was in two days. I still haven't written my speech and I don't know how I would be able to write it. It was hard enough planning the funeral but talking about Cole was proving to be extremely difficult.

                We we're in the middle of an argument on how strawberry and vanilla scented perfumes were way better than cinnamon and the fresh scent of the forest. Honestly, I don't even know how that came up. But I heard the doorbell ring and I excused myself to answer. When I opened it, no one was there. I did see a note.

            "I'm watching you".

...........................................

             Those three words were still etched in my mind even as I went back inside, as I left to the flower shop for final arrangements, as I went to the chapel where the funeral will be held, as I drove to a coffee shop to pick up some cupcakes for Mrs Grey, as I drove home and as I crawled into bed that night.

.................................

      I was running when I saw a light just ahead of me but as I got closer it disappeared. When the light came on again, I was surrounded by different monsters and all of them had one common purpose. My death.

....................................

            I woke up sweating and panting. I knew I won't be going back to sleep. I sighed and looked at the time. Great it was only two in the morning. I might as well do the only thing I could manage at that time.

              I climbed up the familiar stairs to the other floor of the house.

              The floor that housed my parents room, my dads music room and my moms painting room. I went into the music room because I was never the artsy type.

               I sat at the grand piano that sat in the middle. Out of all the instruments that were here thaty father played I was always fascinated by this piano.

          I loved the feel of the keys against my hands. I felt at peace as I began to play the familiar tune of thousand years. Its a favorite of my mom because that was the first song dad played for her when they met and it became their song.

          I smiled as I played and felt some tears fall and it felt good to let loose  all those pent up emotions. This is how I spent the rest of my day already dreading what tomorrow will hold for us.

...........

Without much ado, I hope you enjoyed chapter . I know I've been stalling alot with the burial but writing it is hard because death is a hard thing on me. But I hope to write it by the next chapter.
Love Tjex 😘😘