BNHA Part 43

--Midoriya--

Sir Nighteye:Interesting...you want to do a work study here,because you think that doing so will make you stronger. | Midoriya:Yes sir! Please let me! | Sir Nighteye:We need to draw up a contract... | Midoriya:Of course! (digs into his backpack) Yes! I brought one! | Sir Nighteye:You will not interrupt me while I'm speaking to you. | Midoriya:Sorry sir!

Sir Nighteye:*Midoriya gives him the contract* Once I stamp this document,you'll officially be contracted with my agency for a work study. | Midoriya:Yes sir! | Sir Nighteye:You have to understand that this will be nothing like the week-long internships that you students take on so casually.

Sir Nighteye:You must work here for a minimum of four months and will be paid wages,however your academic responsibilities will likely suffer due to absences you'll rack up. Which means your classmates will pull ahead of you. | Midoriya:I understand that,but,if I worry about what everyone else is doing,I'll never be number one!

A moment of silence has passed,then Sir Nighteye raised his hand into the air,holding a stamp. He swings it back down,but misses the stamp box on the contract. In fact,he purposely stamped the desk right beside the document.

Midoriya:*tiny voice* Umm...I think you missed? | Sir Nighteye:*continues to stamp the desk* Because I am not approving this. | Midoriya:What?! | Sir Nighteye:I understand that working here will be beneficial to YOU,but what benefit would you bring to MY agency?

Sir Nighteye:This office currently runs smoothly with two sidekicks and one work study student already under my employ,so why would I add you on? How can you contribute to society? How can you be useful to others? In order to be acknowledged,you must be able to answer those questions unequivocally!

Sir Nighteye:All Might showed his worth in power and humor. He gave hope to those who lived in fear of criminals. That's why the people were happy to acknowledge him. | Midoriya:You're right...I need to find out how I can help the world... | Sir Nighteye:*stands up* It's time to show me what you would bring to the table,using actions,not words.

Sir Nighteye:Three minutes. You have three minutes to try and take this seal from me. (he raises the stamp into the air again) If you want to work as a hero under my guidance,then stamp that contract yourself. | Midoriya:Wait,what...?! | Sir Nighteye:I'm saying that even though you don't appear to possess a single ounce of humor in your body,I'm still giving you a chance.

Sir Nighteye:The two of you,go wait outside. (he gestures to Bubble Girl and Mirio) | Bubble Girl/Mirio:Sir,yes sir. | Sir Nighteye:Once more with feeling! | Bubble Girl/Mirio:*salutes* Sir,yes sir!

They both leave the office,leaving Midoriya with Sir Nighteye.

Sir Nighteye:I'll take no offense of measures during this time,and you're welcome to attack me in any manner you desire. Don't concern yourself with what happens to the room. Just come and get it.

Nighteye's quirk is...no,there's no time to strategize! I just got to get that seal. I'll forge my own path to the number one spot! One for All: Full Cowling!

Sir Nighteye:An approach from the front,but it's merely a feint and a failed grab,and then another jump attack to no avail...I can see everything.

I knew it! Still,maybe if I keep trying moves!

Midoriya continues to try and grab the seal,only for Sir Nighteye to simply move a step out of the way. Midoriya recovers and quickly throws his backpack to Sir Nighteye,then quickly dash toward him,only to seemingly disappear.

Sir Nighteye:Is that all you've got? I thought you were attempting to show me your usefulness. This is a waste of time.

Midoriya continues his struggle,and you can hear the squeaks he's making because of his shoes.