Prologue - Zombie King

August 25, 3039 - Country C, City PK

Under the last rays of the sun's lights, Aria stood and waited patiently in a side alley watching the horde of zombies chasing a group of people. The 2 dozen group of abilities who were protecting a handful of people she assumed were very important. The last of the evening light reflecting sharply on the body of the two mechs' metallic body, one leading the attack and other other covering from behind.

Not that she cared. Eventually everyone will become a zombie, like her.

Unlike the rest of her brethren, she did not go forward to attack. Why? It's because she's a newly turned zombie. She died a month ago due to being injected with a high dosage of a mutated zombie poison. For some reason she maintained her consciousness even after mutating. She even wondered if there were others like her by observing the gross undead for many months, but she didn't find any hint of intelligence besides the Zombie Bosses above level 10. So going out to attack is just asking for death. Again.

She constantly asked herself what was the point of her still maintaining her human consciousness while her body is cold and blue. She didn't understand what purpose her being alive was supposed to play in this awful hell hole.

She wasn't able to communicate or anything like that but she knew to hide and maintain a low profile while moving along with the horde. If a zombie leveled up after level 1, they need to hurry up and continue to get to level 2 before succumbing to being food for higher leveled zombies.

Zombies can eat their own to level up quicker so even though they all instinctively need to consume fresh human meat, but in times of "drought and hunger", they will turn on their own and fight one another to get more powerful. Luckily she was smart so she kept up with the large hunting group being controlled by a level 15 Zombie King with a strong mental ability that commanded more than 5M zombies under it. So they were able to follow and ambush big groups of humans like the ones in front of her without any problem. This is the 5th group that they have ambushed from City P's military base.

Suddenly a level 6 zombie broke the group of humans in two groups. The bigger group in front continued to fight trying to save the smaller group but an insistent handsome man wearing a light body armor bodysuit kept yelling for them to leave. He looked like he was in his 30's and was well maintained. His skin was still smooth with a healthy glow like he hasn't had a bad meal ever since the ZA happened. He seems to be the most important person the group of 20 abilities and the 2 mechs are protecting. He also looks very familiar but Aria wasn't able to remember where she has seen him before.

Interesting.

His eyes were roaming everywhere, and his mouth kept moving into his mouth piece. Aria realized he was giving either instructions or information to the whole group as he continuously scanned all the zombies around him. He then paused what he was saying before suddenly swiveling his eyes towards Aria's direction. Aria instinctively crouched down to hide behind the dense group of zombies in front of her.

Soon the movements of the group that was broken out shot up and aggressively killed all the zombies around them before regrouping with the man wearing the light body armor. The zombies continued to rush over and attack the humans but the two mechs were able to keep them at bay. It looked like the humans would be able to retreat successfully with half their number. Finally a roar was heard from a few blocks away.

Uh-oh, the Zombie King is coming. Not good. Aria thought as she continued to follow the group from a safe distance. Now that the Zombie King 15 is here, it's very unlikely that they would escape. Aria then climbed on top of a roof to get a better view of the battle.

Due to the Zombie King's call, the zombies once again were full of vigor and motivation. Even Aria felt a surge of energy in her head, urging her desperately to get closer and closer. To consume.