Chapter 34 - Stealing Military Technology

May 20, 3031 - Country M, City LA

Early the next morning, Aria showered and wore a pair of slim slacks and a light casual blazer, binding her chest flat since she is still pretending to be a man. Tying her hair back into a low ponytail and putting on a face mask, she had a hearty breakfast (and ordering to-go), and was picked up by John and David in a nice low-key vehicle.

When they arrived at the military base for their appointment at 9am, not only was Aria very excited, Art was too. Weapons and mechas are harder to encounter in Country C since any signs of the war were well hidden due to the negative impact these things had on the land. So although Country C won the war, they didn't want people to be reminded of the high costs the country had to pay. Country M is the opposite. They like to flaunt their military prowess and are proud of their advanced weaponries. Of course, there are many technological military researches they don't show to the public, but those are more along the lines of nuclear weapons and biological warfare.

The large military base was set along the coast and extremely well guarded.

Aria: S3, do we know if this base survived the ZA?

S3: Yes, it was one of the better bases that survived the first few years of the ZA. But due to overwhelming amounts of refugees and the limited land, famine and death spread rampantly in the 3rd year. The military base soon after broke away from the department of defense and became an independent army that included the navy, airforce, and army. They then expanded their territory enough to grow food to support the remaining forces. Every single refugee from the age of 13 to 60 were trained and converted to military personnel and the base was ruled under an iron fist.

Aria: Admirable.

Aria was glad to know that this magnificent base survived for so long during the ZA. Since the base is set up along the coast, the coast guard, navy, air force and army are all located on the 50 acre piece of land but divided into different locations.

The group handed over their IDs and after confirming they were no threat to the country, they were let into the base. They then had to park their car and switch over to the military vehicle since civilian vehicles are not allowed inside the base. They first toured the airforce. Aria touched all the different planes and insisted on watching a jet being refueled. They then went into a big hanger where different battlecruisers and shuttles were located.

Aria was very happy to see this.

She was still worried about how to get access to these battlecruisers to copy for her use but John made this happen without her asking. Her impression of him went up a few notches. Even though she already had a good impression of him in her past life, it was really based on his experience during the ZA. Now he hasn't experienced any of that yet so as far as she is concerned, he's not yet the man she knew and trusted back then.

They toured the battlecruisers one by one, looking at the addons, inspecting the robots that fixed everything on the ships, touching the materials used for different purposes on the ships.

Aria had a field day copying everything. She was still undecided about which battleship she wanted to use for a moveable "bunker" when she saw a beautiful and compact battlecruiser in the corner with a group of other similar designed ships but in different shapes and sizes. They were part of the new limited edition line of ships that uses a brand new type of energy core merged with the sound shield technology that allows the ship to hover and fly without leaking any sounds. The vibrations can still be felt but the ships barely emits a low hum when turned on and in use.

The company that made the battleships and battlecruisers called the new line The Shielders. To popularize and advertise the designs, they have started touring across the world taking orders as they go along.

Rise of the Phoenix - Apocalypse RebirthOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara