Chapter 43 - I'm Lily Li

September 15, 3031 - Country C, City PR

After washing her hands at the hand washing station outside the bathroom, she covered her face with the mask and headed outside the restaurant.

Suddenly she felt someone approaching her at a fast speed. Aria reflexively dodged and moved 6 feet away as a body went past her and hit the wall.

Female 1: "Ahh! That hurts!"

Female 2: "Lily, are you okay? Why did you suddenly hit the wall? Did that man push you? Hey! Come back here and apologize to Miss Li!"

Aria glanced at both of them coldly. Oh, ho! She was just thinking of this Lily person and hasn't had the chance to track her down yet, but here she is. Like a wrapped present full of female coquettishness.

And with one of her many dumb but toxic close friends, Dolly Fu.

Lily: "Stop it, Dolly Fu! It's not his fault. It was me who thought he looked familiar and came running over. Ahh. It hurts though. Excuse me, handsome man. Do we know one other? If not, I am Lily Li from the Li family in City S."

Lily eyed the handsome figure of the young man in front of him. Although he was of average height, only a little bit taller than her, she can tell from his attire that he is wealthy. And alone. If she can get him to be infatuated with her, then that's another credit card she can use in the future. The other men she has hanging around her are beginning to be annoying, pushing to be more intimate. Lily is the precious Miss of the Li family, how can she sell herself so easily? The best way is to have multiple flowers around her so they can fight over one another while she reaps the benefits and not promise anyone anything, like she's undecided who would be the best partner for herself.

Aria touched her earbud to activate the Sound Shield and blocked Lily, Dolly, and the rest of the group behind them in one swift move before turning around and walking away from view. Aria got into her car and immediately disappeared into her G Space. Aria then changed and started practicing her abilities while waiting for Lily's group to finish their dinner and leave. Since she'd encountered them here, it's just too convenient to make trouble.

---

Not only were Lily and Dolly shocked at the young man's actions, the other 4 females behind the two were surprised too. They all sat down at their table and ordered their entrees. Suddenly Kelly exclaimed in surprise.

Kelly: "Oh my gosh! I know what that man has! That was a Sound Shield! I never thought I would see one in the wild!"

Lily: "What's a Sound Shield?"

Kelly: "It's what celebrities and high profile uses to mute the sounds of people around them. If the whole crowd is muted, then that means the person wouldn't be able to hear what they are saying or asking them. If you're muted, then the person muted would not be able to see the muter's face anymore. It would either be opaque white or black, or the features are blurred so that you can't see the person's face or their eyes."

Dolly: "Psh. So what? That person earlier was a celebrity? How come there were no bodyguards around him then? It looked like he was here alone. How pathetic!"

Kelly looked at Dolly disapprovingly as the other 3 people shuffled in their seat in annoyance. They were all rich second generation children. They don't have bodyguards... and what's wrong with eating by oneself? They would rather do that than eat with her listening to her toxic words.

Jenny: "Didn't you hear what Kelly said? Celebrities OR high profile people. High profile can be government officials, military personnels, rich 3rd 4th 5th generation kids."