Chapter 28 - Revisiting City H's Park

May 18, 3031 - Country C, City H

Aria took out a to-go container to nourish her body as they approached City H. She then exchanged the EOS1 (EOS1=sports, EOS2=SUV, EOS3=RV) for a rugged generic vehicle she saw parked on the road. The parking lot was full of cars as people gathered where the Xing plant was discovered so Aria parked the car outside on the streets.

Aria: Little Eros, we will be heading towards the direction of where I found the Xing Plants. Connect to all three of us and let us know when you sense the energy source.

Little Eros: Yes, Master.

The park was full of people, even though it's a weekday. Aria chose a different route on the other side of the trail to the Xing plant. There was a small stream that separated the Xing Plant side and the other side. Aria figured she'll have better luck if they hiked the other trail instead even though it's a little longer.

As she got closer and closer to the location of the discovery of the Xing Plants, Aria began to feel a familiar pulling sensation right when Eros exclaimed in excitement.

Little Eros: It's close by! I can sense it!

Aria sped up and entered a large clearing. There were many people around poking at the bushes and peeking over the shallow river at the larger group of people on the other side doing the same.

Little Eros: It's not here. It's at a higher elevation.

Aria turned back towards the trail and kept walking in the direction that the fluff ball directed. Aria also felt the pull was getting stronger as they walked farther and farther away from the crowd on a different trail.

She kept walking and climbing, the elevation getting higher and higher. Eventually reaching the top of that mountainside with a large waterfall to their left.

Looking around, Aria sensed the source that's pulling her should be from inside the rocky mountains through that waterfall.

Aria: S3, can you see if there is an entranceway into the mountain?

S3: There is a ledge that protrudes slightly that I can detect that you might be able to stand on to navigate to the waterfall.

Aria was silent as she quickly changed her clothes to a tight wetsuit so the jagged rocks wouldn't scrape her skin raw. Pulling out some protective gloves and high grip shoes with additional spike grips, she straps the spike handles to her wrist.

Braiding her hair and covering it with a waterproof cap, she planned her next action to get to the waterfall. Deciding to lapel down from the top of the waterfall, she removed her cap and exchanged it with an air mask to provide her oxygen while underwater.

Clamping the claw at the end of the climbing rope securely to two large pieces of rocks for leverage, Aria slowly made her way to the side of the rushing water.

Afraid that the inertia of the river would sweep her away if she make a wrong move, she securely strapped the rope to her waist.

Watching the water rushing over the cliff, Aria had a moment of fear. She's pretty much a normal person right now with normal strength so these types of actions were as dangerous for her as it is for everyone else. The only thing she has going for her is the fact that she's well prepared.

Settling her heart, she stepped into the shallow end of the river moving backwards facing the rushing water with her back to the cliff. Getting closer and closer to the edge, her whole body is now completely wet, the water rushing towards her face.

Gripping the rope tightly, she slowly descended down the cliff. Even with the air mask protecting her face, she can only see the white color of the rushing water in front of her. The force of the water beat insistently against her body, the already taught muscles becoming more so with pain.

But she couldn't move faster or she might make a mistake. The rocks around the waterfall were slippery and smooth so it's easy to make a wrong move and fall. In her case, she might bang against the rocks due to the rope still strapped to her and the movement of the water.

It took five excruciating minutes for her feet to feel something more substantial than the slippery vertical side, she kicked the sole of her feet into the rock to create dents and uneven texture.

Latching the lock mechanism at her waist so she can use both hands, she jabbed the spikes into the rock wall repeatedly until she can securely hold onto the uneven handmade ledge. Pulling her body towards the ledge and away from the direct torrent of the waterfall, she finally is behind the waterfall.

Stretching her head to search for the entrance mentioned, she saw that it was more like a crack in the rocks.

That doesn't look good. Kind of scary.

Aria still made her way carefully towards the crack. After some thought, Aria figured the situation is too unsure for her to go in alone so she decided to summon a body to go in first just in case there are any issues. Unstrapping the rope and securing it to the bottom of the crack, Aria jumped into the G Space and changed out of her wet clothes.

Aria: S4, let's summon a few fireflies spirits to explore further.

Immediately a swarm of fireflies appeared at the entrance of the crack. It flew in as Aria observed through a screen projected in front of her by S4. (The screen appears every time S4 summoned something for Aria inside the E Space.)

Watching multiple screens from the different fireflies' point of view, Aria sweated a little. There were too many routes that diverted from each other and many dead ends.

The remaining 5 groups of fireflies continued moving forward. Flickering through all the crevices searching for anything unusual.

Art materialized next to her sitting on the ground watching the screen too. Aria nudged Art to stand up and teleported out a couch so they could both sit down more comfortably. Although Aria doubts Art would feel any discomfort, it's more for herself.  

After half an hour, one group of fireflies was left navigating. Yeah, there was no way she would have been able to fit through some of the places the fireflies went. This cracked entrance would not be an option for her body to enter.

For the first time Aria is worried that she won't be able to access the energy source and would leave here empty handed.

Little Eros: "Master, have you forgotten that I'm small too? I can take the energy into the G Space once we find it! You don't have to physically be there!"

Huh. Aria didn't realize that was an option.

Is she stupid or just not thinking creatively enough under the stress of running and hiding? She was always under the impression that she needed to touch things in order to copy or store them into her space. Like her space button or her E Space.

But she completely forgot to understand the rules about her G Space!

Maybe she is an idiot.

Aria: So we can collect things without touching them?

Little Eros: Yes! But one of us needs to be present. In this case I am small enough to go in there and I can collect whatever you want me to in the G Space!

Little Eros twirled around Aria excitedly like stating it's resume and accomplishments while seeking praise. S4 suddenly pined in at this time.

S4: Once you are level 4, we can teleport your body to any of the locations we have a summoned spirit! Um... but for now, we can't.

Aria:(...)

Suddenly the screen showed a scene that was unexpected. The fireflies flew into a huge cavern inside the mountain with a waterfall inside. The lake accumulated by the waterfall is sparkling, full of pure white stones. The water seemed to glow too. It looked like another world.