Chapter 5 - The Xing Plant

May 15, 3031 - Country C, City F

While driving, she remembered the events leading up to the important discovery from her first life.

According to history, up to 5 years prior to Day 1 (what everyone calls the first day of the zombie apocalypse) there were signs leading to it already. But one of first big memorable event was an earthquake in Country F's largest county that occurred on January 21st, 3030. The earthquake created thin cracks along the surrounding countries but was of no concern at the time but would directly result in changing the land dramatically with the help of other earthquakes.

A kid in Country A then found a weird type of moss during a random hike on August 14th. The only reason he took note of it was because while hiking he got injured and some blood dripped down to the tiny patch of moss and he noticed it's unusual reaction. He thought it was funny so he proceeded to drip more blood on the moss while filming its 'cute' reaction. Then he packed up and left but uploaded the video to his network when he got home. The video blew up on the internet a month later.

Many countries also started noticing small plants reacting the same way and uploaded them online throughout the year.

But the most memorable for the whole world was a live stream by a young man named Stephen Xing in her Country C who livestreamed a discovery one afternoon on May 15, 3031 of a large bush that flowered little balls of multi colored gems. The man was a semi-popular live streamer of over 1M subscribers and he happened to be streaming his hike on a popular public trail where he wanted to dig out some interesting plants for study.

He was at a certain sign post when he slipped and skidded down the side of the path. Towards the river below. The viewers were all scared for him as the phone flew from his grip and landed upside down but luckily still facing him.

After a minute, they saw him groaning and finally moving. After they saw that he was okay, the amount of new viewers went up due to the barrage of comments received within a live room. After he got his bearings, he looked around for his phone and picked it up. Then his sight and the phone turned towards a certain direction.

At that time, he and the rest of his viewers got an eyeful of a small beautiful bush full of crystals in the middle of each flower.

Millions of viewers came in to view what he discovered, including BN. He then investigated the bush and then proceeded to zoom into the gems. The flowers were delicate and soft but the unusual cubed shaped gem from the bush was what looked amazing in this organic and natural setting.

Without further ado, he proceeded to dig up the bush and put it into his burlap bag. He then scoured the area to see if there were any more of that eye catching bush then left a mark in the location and hurriedly left and turned off his livestream.

Everyone online divided into two camps: one thought this was all a hype to increase traffic and the other believed the plant to be real. This led to more and more publicity on this specific bush.

Stephen Xing then went home and placed the plant in a container. He was then contacted by many interested parties to authenticate his finding of a truly unique plant. Seeing the perfect opportunity to make money off of this opportunity, he secretly agreed to let a small lab test the gems for a certain price with full authentication.

He sent over the smallest clear and the results were astounding.

The clear gem was a diamond. It was clear, pure, and perfect. The size he sent over was the smallest but it was already 5 carat.

He immediately got the other colored gems tested and it was as expected, each colored corresponded with its natural counterparts: ruby, sapphire, etc but all in the most perfect conditions.