Chapter 45 - Preparing for the Deep Freeze (1)

September 3031 - Country C, City S

[Dolly Fu] Lily, you b*. Pick up my phone or I'll tell your Li family that you have drugs in your possession. In fact, I'll tell everyone at school that you're a drug dealer too. You've been avoiding me all week! Pick up the phone!

Lily angrily stared at Dolly's text messages and threw her phone across the room. Pushing her head down into the pillows, she screamed into it repeatedly. After a few minutes, she got tired, her face hot and damp from pressing into the pillow. Looking across the room where her phone lay sadly, Lily got up and grabbed it, getting angry again at the cracked screen.

Closing her eyes to calm her nerves, she breathed slowly and deeply. After getting a grip on her emotions, she responded to the text.

[Lily Li] Shut up! I was busy all week, alright? You're the drug dealer. Come on over. No one is home.

Rolling her eyes in annoyance after typing out her calm response, Lily flopped back into the bed again. After getting back from City PR, she went home and did some research on where to exchange the gold for money and came up with 2 ways to do it. Either the pawn shops where they take a 20% cut on the value of the items or the bank who doesn't take a cut at all if you have an account with them.

After some debate, she decided on going to the bank. No one knows where she got the gold bar from anyway. If anything, they will just think her family gave it to her- because her family is rich. So it won't be so suspicious. So she went to the bank this morning and exchanged 1 bar of gold for $500k which went directly to her account. After 6 months of only having $500 in there at a time, she finally felt rich again. Filthy rich. Richer than that stupid Dolly. And she got the money on her own too.

Ahh.. earning your own money is the best. Maybe there IS something to her grandfather and father working so hard to earn the family money.

Talking about earning money, she still has 1 bag of drugs that Dolly doesn't know about, 1 bag of drugs that Dolly will get 50% of and she'll get 50% of the gold bar Dolly has in her possession.

Either way, she has way richer than that stupid Dolly. But she just doesn't know where to sell the drugs. Hmmm. Maybe Dolly knows. That girl parties a lot and knows a lot of people. She clearly recognized it was drugs right away when she saw it. And she was the one that pointed out the danger which was why they fled.

Okay. Maybe Dolly isn'tt that stupid.

Dolly arrived and walked into Lily's room like she owned the place. Lily had no reason to complain since she acts the same at Dolly's house.

Lily: "Close the door. Quickly. Do you know how to sell off the drugs?"

Dolly: "Drugs? It's really hard. You either become a drug dealer to sell it off, or you sell to a drug dealer, but they take a sizable chunk. Oh, here's your gold money, $200K."

Lily: "... $200K? Isn't this a bit light of $50K? I checked. That bar of gold should be $500K at the bank."

Dolly: "Well, I had to get someone to exchange it for me so they took a 20%."

Lily: "Oh, okay. In that case, I'll go find a dealer myself and I'll give your portion after they took their cut. Sounds fair?"

Dolly: "... No, that means you'll do all the work. We'll figure out how to sell the drugs together. And you know what? I'll give you the $50K and swallow the service charge myself."

Lily: Hmph, you think you can be sneaky about this? Stupid.

Lily: "Okay, I won't do anything to the drugs until I find the right price."