Chapter 14 - Money

May 16, 3031 - Country C, City S

Aria: "Mister Li, I don't want to beat around the bush here but I would like to state a few numbers in which you and your lawyers should understand clearly how much my stocks are worth. I am not interested in negotiating since it's a waste of both our time.

I have 23.5M shares, the majority shareholder of the company. My dividends per year is $2.6M. The shares are currently worth $54 a share and the company is about to launch two very promising products. If I'm not happy with your offer then I will let the other shareholders know my shares are available to the highest bidder."

Frank Li swallowed down his anger at being pressed by the little girl in front of him. Everyone knows the majority shareholder is not interested in the politics of the company and has been collecting dividends like a fat baby the last two years.

Of course he knew his position had been suppressed by the others throughout the last year and naturally wanted a larger piece of the pie. Now this opportunity fell on his lap at the hefty price of close to $1.26B.

Honestly, at the beginning, even if he wanted to buy these shares, they wouldn't be available to purchase so he knew he needed to have the shares in his hands. Being the major shareholder will change the outcome of the direction of the company and he will make the money back within the next decade.

Frank and his lawyers huddled up and decided to offer an honest $1.27B. Since the possibility of her selling the stocks publicly will alert the others in the powerplay and the price can be even higher. This way of purchasing her shares secretly will put him in a better strategic position to strike his opponents in the next meeting.

Frank Li: "Since Miss Li is so straight forward, then we would like to offer to buy all your shares at the current price totaling $1.27B."

Aria: "I am happy with this offer. Let's sign the paperworks."

The stocks transfer was quickly drafted and a diamond card of $1.27B was handed over upon the last signature. Aria smiled happily at the group of people and left the building, tossing the card into her Space1. Next is the meeting with the real estate agent.

An hour later the paperworks for both properties changed hands to the real estate agent's company. She had decided to sell to the company at list price and they will flip the villas at a higher price later. But that has nothing to do with her. Handing over the two keys and codes to the two villas, Aria tossed the black card valued at $22M into her space.

Then she sold her car since she wouldn't need it anymore after today.

Walking into a space button clinic, she requested a downgrade to a 2x2 still leaving her uncle as the main inheritor. The process took 15 minutes and she once again walked away with another card that she tossed into her space.

She then booked a flight to Country ZS and a hotel at a well known tourist town for next week.

It has to look like she's selling all her property to relocate to another country. But to make sure that as many know as possible, she needed to utilize Sara's network. Teens are ones of the most gossipy group, spreading the news like wildfire.

Seeing a phone shop, she went in and bought two phones, one was to clone Sara's phone before deleting the two Pin accounts from it. She then transferred the remaining account budget to the third phone so Sarah's account was zeroed out. Then she destroyed Sara's phone.

Walking back into the phone shop, she got the warranty to replace Sara's broken phone then downloaded the Tip chatting app and logged into Sara's account. Searching for the group chat, she posted an announcement.

[Sara Gu] Hey guys! I'm going to move abroad the day after graduation. Do you guys want to hang out today?

[Hank X] What? Why? You didn't mention this the other night.

[Sara Gu] One of my friends got me an internship at his parent's company in Country ZS. So I plan to relocate there for 6 months before coming back to attend University. He mentioned a few intern positions are still available. If you guys are interested I can tell you all the details later when we meet! My treat!

[Sherrie Tang] You're so lucky! It must be nice to have guys offering you jobs left and right. I'm free today. Let's meet up for afternoon tea at 4pm in front of Cafe Bleu?

[Hank X] I'm free too! I want an intern job!

[Kim X] Me too! I'll be there.

[Cindy X] Me too +1

...

[Linda X] Me too +22

And with that, 23 people decided to meet at 4pm.

Aria's eyes fell on Sherrie's name. This woman's name was the same as the woman who was so vicious to her in the last life, responsible for breaking her arms in the second year at the base because she was jealous of Aria. In fact she was horrible to everyone who looked better than her.

Clicking into Sherrie's profile, Aria saw a familiar face.  Her breath caught as she remembered the pain and humiliation she suffered under Sherrie's hands, then she calmed down as she came up with a plan.

---------------------- Author's Notes -----------------------

I'm based in the U.S. so a lot of the measurements and currency will be different from the rest of the world. As for Aria's sudden $$$, don't worry- the majority of the amount accumulated will be spent hella quickly in the next few chapters. I won't let her stay a billionaire for long.

In two years, money and wealth will be useless so she does have a plan to spend that money effectively.

Imho her biggest advantage should be the copy ability from S3. So she won't be doing the typical hoarding of food and water like the rest of the space abilities in other stories. She's going to just make copies of the resources that she need instead.

Although Aria's morals and ethics were warped due to her experiences in her previous life, deep down she still wanted humanity to survive. So she can't compete for resources with them during the ZA when resources are scarce.

Therefore, the majority of her money will be spent on construction and services. Things she can't do or get herself after the ZA she will try to get her hands on now.