Chapter 21 - Camping Gears

May 17, 3031 - Country C, City S

Aria was already a rich woman after selling her shares earlier, thinking that stocks and real estate is truly the way to earn money. But illegal money is a completely different ball game for her.

Billions of dollars worth in gold and silver.

The problem is that she can't cash them out all at once or it triggers red flags. Perhaps she can trade it internationally. Perhaps she will need to leave Country C to wash the bars away from the country's eyes and ears.

S5: You cannot spend nor sell those bars off. We need them.

Aria: What do we need them for? Money is useless for you guys right?

S5: To upgrade the mech capabilities to the next level, we need a lot of raw ingredients. Gold and silver is the majority of them for each level's upgrade. This amount of material is enough for us to upgrade to level 5.

Aria: Not that I have an inkling of mech leveling, but what is the max level that you can upgrade the mechs to?

S5: Level 12. And we will need 5x of that stash to make it happen. We also need a small amount of copper which I don't see in this batch.

Aria: 5x? Am I made of money? Can I copy and paste it?

S3: I don't have the credentials to copy money or things that are similar to money. That includes these bars. The company automatically restricts currency copying since during the apocalypse they are useless anyway so the credentials were never purchased.

Aria: Okay. I'll get right on that (sarcasm). S4, any other restrictions or needs you have that I should be aware of?

S4: No, we are good here. I'm pretty low maintenance...

—-

Throwing the matter of the precious ore to the back of her mind, Aria decided to hit City AD next on her pharmaceutical run.

Driving past a well known outdoor sporting goods store, Aria made a u-turn and went in. Unlike the other store that Aria went to before getting the Xing Plant, this specific company caters to the young and rich.

Everything was expensive and high tech.

Aria even drooled a little as she browsed the selection. Picking up a shopping scanner at the end of the aisle, she scanned item after item. After each scan, robots in the back warehouse automatically picked out the item and placed it in a basket.

Everything here can be said to be a life saving item during the ZA.

Perimeter sensors are little chips that can be affixed to any surface easily at a certain distance from the camper. If it senses any movements, then a notification will be sent to the user's phone. To retrieve the sensor chips, all you need to do is click on the solar case it comes with and they will fly back into its storage.

The basic model comes with 4 sensors and a distance of 50 feet at $200. The most expensive coming in at $5000 with 12 sensors at 200 feet perimeter.

She bought one of each model from the brands available. These she'll copy but leave a real copy in her space. Next is defense.

The wild comes with a lot of danger, from animals and from people.

There are electrical defense bars that can be set up outside the perimeter of the tent or camp ground to deter any unexpected visitors. At the maximum settings, the electrical shock can take down 5 bears each for 1 hour. For humans, the max setting can disable 20 people for 1 hour each.

It is solar powered and only through the case's settings can the bars be deactivated. A lot of the current tech is like this. Either the case or the items themselves are solar powered. As for the energy output and harvested, as always the price determines the quality of the items.

Kitchenware, blankets, lighting, ropes, chairs, beds, e-tasers, knives, machete, axes, shovels, rock climbing gears. everything and anything. Snow boots, regular boots, walking shoes, knee pads, waterproof socks and underwear, odor proof underclothing, sweatproof layers, ponchos, gloves, scarves, bandanas, beanies, hats, helmets, first aid kits, and touched all of the expensive high quality clothes and jackets that can withstand all the elements.

She copied everything inside the store and scanned half of the items to purchase, mostly the important ones that she deemed essential in her last life.

Standing in front of the last area, she came to the sleeping bags and tents section. Copying all of them, she decided on the top of the line elevated mini tent with a sleeping bag duo set.

The tent can be set up using its set up gun display. Use the gun to aim at a certain location and shoot. Once the location is confirmed, the flat metallic casing of the tent is thrown up into the air near the location then the tent will automatically set itself securely on the location and activate a camouflage to blend into the environment at the same time set up a defensive array outside the tent.

It's one of the most high tech pieces of camping gear that is on the market right now. It's priced at $50,000 for a one person camo tent. Accessories like air filtration and internal heating are not included but can be added as well as the label rope to climb up into the tent if it's above ground.

Aria obviously purchased all the accessories and backup generators. She decided this would be her backup place in case she can't sleep inside her car or the space at night.

Seeing all the different varieties of CF and LP, Aria scanned all the food advertised and paid her purchase. It totaled to $250k. The staff brought all the items to the car and she drove away.