Chapter 3 - Binding the Systems

May 15, 3031 -  Country C, City F

Hmm. Since it's not impossible to bind all three systems, then she wants them all. Assuming that having a system gives her an advantage in surving in the zombie apocalypse, then having all three systems will give her a 3x higher chance of survival.

Aria: Are you allowed to tell them the world is ending before it ended? Are you allowed to tell your host or warn them about future historical events?

S4: No, that is against the rules and also impossible for us to notify our host ahead of time. If we arrive ahead of the event which is usually a few days only, we have more time to pick and choose our host and follow them until they are aware of the looming disaster either through the news or the event actually occurring. Only then are we off mute and allowed to ask them to bind with us.

Each system is only allowed to do a mission once so there is no way to know the future while we live in the mission world. We live and experience in real time like our hosts. We are able to deduce and project our predictions by giving our hosts multiple choices of actions when asked, but we cannot retroactively tell them what will happen next if they don't know about it.

If our company is a rebirth counterattack company, then that's a different story. We can notify or remind the host of what will happen next through their own personal experience or knowledge they've obtained through treasures like a book or a script.

Aria: In this case and in this world right now, if time rewinded, then that means no one was reborn, correct?

S4: Correct.

Aria: So from not knowing much of your rules or constraints- the reality of this situation is that aside from myself and you guys, everyone else will experience the apocalypse for the first time. And according to your rules, even if you know what's going to happen in the future, because you do, you can't share or reveal these information to your hosts. You can only observe until they come to you to ask optional actions according to their limited knowledge. Correct?

S5: ... Correct.

Aria: So wouldn't that mean I would be the perfect host for all three of you to bind with? You know that I know the future and have experienced it so you can freely communicate with me without breaking the rules. So instead of floating around for the next 2.5 years on MUTE, wouldn't it be more beneficial for you guys to choose me as the host to bind with? With our knowledge and no restrictions, then we all have a higher chance of succeeding your mission.

Just so you know, in my last life, I survived over 5 years by myself without a system and only turned 1 month before I encountered you guys and killed the zombie king. And even when I turned into a zombie, I survived differently by maintaining my consciousness. I'm a survivor.

S5: .. That is true.

S3: We have discussed your points and they all make sense. With all of our knowledge and restrictions removed, we have a 5x chance of surviving for 6 years with your real life survival experience. We would like to bind with you as our host.

Aria: Thank you for believing in me. How long is the binding process?

S4: 2 hours for each system. So you will need to be unconscious during that time. With all three of us, it will be 6 hours combined. Each of us will ask you a question and you will need to say yes then you'll be in a coma for 6 hours.

S3: Aria Li, I am the identify and copy system 3943. I would like to bind with you. Would you like to bind with me?

Aria: Yes.

S4: Aria Li, I am the summon system S3944. I would like to bind with you. Would you like to bind with me?

Aria:Yes.

S5: Aria Li, I am the mech system S3945. I would like to bind with you. Would you like to bind with me?

Aria: Yes.

S3, S4, S5: Happy cooperation!

Aria: Happy cooperation.

Then Aria blacked out.