Chapter 13 - Sara's Inheritance

May 16, 3031 - Country C, City F

Aria: S3, can you help identify all of these things please?

S3: Certainly. These were all in Sara's parents space. Each of their space buttons were 500x500 cubic feet and the machines, chips, and raw materials that made this possible are over there. I detect multiple machinery parts that can make and repair mechs, hovercrafts, and weapons. There are records and tools on how to make and fix everything. 

Records initially showed that Sara's parents were normal lab techs. But based on these things, one was a master scientist working on top secret military weapons and mecha tech while the other one specializes in space button technology for the Faith Corporation. Cross checking what technology appeared during the ZA, many of the things in front of us were used by Country C later.

Aria: So you're saying that somehow the government got their hands on this batch of goods? Can you check who inherits all of Sara's space button if she died?

S3: Records shows that her only uncle is the only one to inherit her property if she dies. We can assume that he hasn't moved against Sara yet because he wanted to make sure Sara received her parent's inheritance before he kills her.

Aria: What is the uncle's name?

S3: Edward Xiang. He works for Kin Technology which contracts directly with Country C. Kin and Faith are direct competitors.

Sure enough.

What a coincidence. The reason why he was so powerful and successful during the ZA and had such strong backings from the government was due to this batch of technology that he got from Sara's family. Aria would not be surprised if Edward and the government were responsible for Sara's family's death.

She had planned to relax a little bit with this identity before killing Sara off... but she suddenly felt a looming crisis. She had to kill herself off today since Edward might be coming after her at this moment.

Jumping out of the E Space, she looked around the house to see if she wanted to keep anything. Clothes and furniture she can buy. She cleared out the kitchen leaving some empty boxes behind. Finding 2 safes in a hidden compartment, she emptied them and left family photos and some cheap jewelry and scarves inside, leaving the safe unlocked.

Seeing the stocks and the two villa deeds, she made three phone calls. One to a maid service to clean her house, another to a real estate company, and the third to the fifth largest stockholder of the company stocks that she owns.

The maid service will arrive within the hour for a deep DNA cleanse and the stockholder dropped everything to meet up in 20 minutes at City S with his lawyers.

After dressing simply and driving off to City S to the meeting location in her red sports car, Aria arrived at the meeting location.

---------------------- Author's Notes -----------------------

This is the third time we've heard about this Edward Xiang dude. From what Aria mentioned about him, we know that he's a Doctor or a Scientist. Aria really hated this guy- maybe she was tortured or experimented by him. She hated him so much she would rather take away his nucleus and consume it even though it's completely useless to her as a zombie than leave it intact in his head.

Then we found out everyone's space button is supposed to max out at 6x6 but his was clearly larger at 25,000 square feet. The system said he 'discovered' a method to make it... AND that it's his 'space ability' which is a lie. It's not his space ability. The space was artificially created using the technology that Sara's parents discovered.

I wonder if Aria will address S3's lie. Because if S3 continues to lie to her about stuff like this, then that means S3 has some ulterior motives. I don't know what Aria would or could do to S3 since they cannot be unbind. The only thing I think Aria could do is to not see S3 as a confidant but more of a tool to identify and copy. Copy is pretty straight forward but if Aria is too dependent on the identify ability, then S3 can give her the wrong information at a crucial time and Aria could get hurt.

I don't know. That's just my thought after going through their transaction. Maybe it's just me. lols.

---------------------- Small theater -----------------------

Author Mediator: Edward, how come you sound like such a bad guy? What did you do to Aria?

Edward: I didn't do anything to her!

Aria: You experimented on me!

Edward: ... I experimented on everyone! Even myself! You're taking it too personal. I barely even know who you are. Wait, are you #4233 or #5432?

Aria: Grr.. Shut your face. You harmed others for your own gains which you'll have to pay in this life!

Sara: Yeah! Like killing my parents!

Edward: Whoa there, Sara. My little niece. Why would I do that? Your parents were so closed mouth I didn't even know what they were working on until- I mean. I don't even know what's happening right now.

Aria: Uh huh.

Sara: You're a liar!