Chapter 40 - Restart

September 15, 3031 - Country C, City CC

S4: Kal Zhang was my previous host!

Aria: Previous ho... The one that turned into the Zombie King?!

S4: Yep! That's the one.

Aria: The one I killed?

S4: ... yes.

Aria: F* me. What is he doing here???

S4: ... he was kidnapped... and people wanted him to sign some papers...

Aria: Okay! I got it. We were all there.

S4: (You asked.)

Aria: How did he die- the first time.

S4: It was in the 2nd year of the ZA and he was the fearless leader of one of the best teams at Base ZF. He was the president of the Kinetic Corporation. His quick actions (with my help) helped save the majority of the people in his company. He rounded them up into a huge convoy and escaped City CC and eventually made it to Base ZF.

After some time, they ran out of food so he went out with half the team to several cities over to collect supplies. They were soon surrounded by higher level zombies and to make sure his people safely escaped with the food, he was injured. He escaped by himself but was already infected.

He was then captured by the town and used as punishment to those that opposed the town's management style. This went on for months until he somehow remembered how to summon. He summoned a group of zombies and they quickly overtook the town. Then the next and the next...

Aria: Okay. Good summary.

S4: Oooh! Keep that ring! The town's person who ended up taking that ring from his finger was the only one he allowed to stay alive. That ring is highly sentimental to him.

Aria looked down at the special ring and looked up at the handsome man. It's hard to imagine that this was the same man that turned into such a huge and crazily powerful zombie king.

Maybe if he was more prepared, then he wouldn't have risked so much to collect food for his troops. Or if he was stronger too.

Deciding to prevent a potential zombie king from coming to being, Aria decided to give him a space storage ring in return. As for the stones, the two abilities should help him from being injured while fighting. She knew he has a mental ability which is one of the most draining of the abilities out there, so his usual attacks would be regular hand or weapon combat.

He would greatly benefit from the wind ability too. She lasted almost 6 years with it so she might be a bit biased.

Before taking the ring out, she got Eros to place two CDP machines inside. One to process food and the other to process water. If he's smart, he would leave the machines inside the storage space and buy enough raw materials for it. If he's smarter, he would start processing food himself and keep the finished products in his storage space until the ZA.
——

Aria drove the SUV down the road passing by a Tang Pharmacy. That reminded her of Sherrie and Sonny- if that relationship stayed together or broke up. Sending Eros into the pharmacy, Aria asked S3 what happened to the 2 parties after she left Country C.

S3: Sherrie had to serve 6 months in jail for involuntary manslaughter and 18 months of community service. The Tang refused to drop the charges on Sonny and the Su family. After extensive search, no signs of the stolen pharmaceuticals can be found so the charges had to be dropped. But the Tang were suspicious of the Su family to the point of obsession. They had all their people followed and investigated.