Chapter 47 - Preparing for the Deep Freeze (3)

October, 3031 - Country C

The following morning, Aria introduced herself to the Shins, manager, and security team as Artemis, wearing a white temp suit. She moved them inside the bunker. They were told not to post any pictures or anything going inside the building. After that, the manager's family, which includes her husband and mother, were temporarily tasked to assign each new arrival with a gold badge that has their name and picture.

The 2 security personnel were sent to another location to pick up the new security crew and their family with a bus. Since no cars were allowed on the premises, and there were no identifying marks on the, the people had to be shuttled in.

During check-in, all the cell phones were confiscated. Aria, in the white temp suit, said there are machines to detect mobile activities and it would be very easy to find the person hiding a cell phone. Once found, the security personnel will immediately be fired and everyone would be driven back and put on a plane to back where they came from.

Some people begrudgingly handed over their backup mobile phones. The security family member's faces turned white in shock and then red in anger. They almost lost their job!

After checking in all of them and having the family members all situated in the cafeteria temporarily, Aria called a staff meeting in another room.

Right after everyone went inside, Aria sent Eros out to put away 3 of the CFP buildings inside the G Space. The land is now flat and unassuming. The only way people can now find the base is through a GPS locator.

Aria: "Hello, welcome to The Artemis Base. I am Artemis. From this point forward, you will be part of the security inside this base. Each person that enters this base has a personal gold badge. You must wear this at all times to be able to access your room and the various facilities. If you lose it, you will be ejected from this bunker without any questions.

The space inside here is limited. The resources are limited. There are only so many people that can fit here. I have chosen you and your family because you showed a deep sense of loyalty and courage. No one here is stupid, so don't make stupid mistakes. If you don't agree or your heart is filled with discontentment then you are free to leave now with your family."

No one moved.

Aria: "The facilities are all closed currently and nothing is available until tomorrow. Relay to your family the important rules here. In a bit, rooms will be assigned to you and your family. As for the rules of the base, all will be addressed tomorrow once the rest of the ticket holders arrive."

The Chens at this time broke off from the happy groups still touring the city and headed to the bunker. After getting off the cab, they saw a figure decked out in a white suit standing in front of the flat land at the bottom of the steep hill next to a few dirt shoveling and flattening machines. She waved them over and into the building up the hill through a hidden passageway only accessible with the gold badge.

The Chens were very curious about the person who's guiding them through the building. The manager gave each of the Chens a gold badge. Aria once again waved them to follow her to their room.

She placed them next to her room. Her side of the building has bigger and more luxurious rooms for VIP members.

Closing the doors, she pulled off her helmet and welcomed them.

Aria: "Hi, it's me Aries."

David: "You're a girl?!"

Aria: "Yes."

David: "Then why do you dress and act like a guy all this time?"

Aria: "It's safer and easier to be a male doing business in the real world. Anyway, In this base, my identity is Artemis. After this event is over, 'Artemis' will go to sleep until the bunker is needed again. You are the only ones who know my true identity. Please keep it a secret from others."