BNHA Part 44

--Midoriya--

The next day mark the beginning of my work study!

Sir Nighteye:Today,we will be doing patrols and surveillance. We'll split up into two teams. I'll be with Bubble Girl,and Mirio,you're with Midoriya.

The two work study students were dressed in their hero costumes,ready for any action.

Midoriya:Surveillance? | Bubble Girl:Nighteye's agency is currently working on a secret investigation.

Sir Nighteye:Shie Hassaikai is a small organized crime syndicate. (he flips the book on the desk to Midoriya and shows a picture of a short-haired man with a crow-looking mask) That's Kai Chisaki. As the young head of the group,he's the second in command,and he's been behaving strangely lately

Sir Nighteye:That plague mask is his trademark. | Midoriya:I thought...there wasn't much trouble with organized crime these days,since the police know who they are and monitored their movement? | Bubble Girl:It's been that way since the big groups broke up,but this Chisaki guy is starting to gather them together again,though we don't know why. The details are unclear,but we DO know that he made contact with the League of Villains recently.

The League of Villains?!

Sir Nighteye:Unfortunately,we don't have solid proof linking him to anything criminal yet. Hassaikai operates in a illegal grey area that's close to black,but we can't treat them like villains. Our objective is to find out what they're up to. Be careful not to arouse any suspicion | Mirio/Midoriya/Bubble Girl:Yes sir!

So,they went out and start walking through the streets. Him and Mirio was also getting some attention from the passing bystanders.

Rabbit Girl:Hey look,heroes! | Cat Girl:That's the guy from the Sports Festival!

Midoriya:This...is nerve racking... | Mirio:What gives? You went out on patrol during your internship didn't you? Though,I guess I don't blame you for being shaken after what went down. | Midoriya:Oh,no! It's not that,I just kinda missed out learning the basics,so... | Mirio:Yeah? Huh,that must be strange. Don't you worry! Sir and Bubble are the actually the ones who are watching the target today,so I can teach you all about patrol duty! (thumbs up) We'll get you up to snuff! (then poses while shaking his arms up and down) Just watch and learn my friend!

I still don't get it...why didn't All Might say anything to me about Nighteye?

Sir Nighteye:All Might chose wrong. Mirio should've inherited the power.

All Might:I just don't wanna have to talk to the guy...

Something big must've gone down if they're not even in speaking terms anymore.

Mirio:Hey,we forgot something! Our hero names! We should know each other's,right? | Midoriya:Oh,yeah,totally! I'm Deku! | Mirio:Deku? Like deck? That's weird...? | Midoriya:I like it! | Mirio:Kay,well I'm Lemillion! For the number of people I'll save! Y'know,can't save them all,but I can shoot for saving a million instead,so that's what I'm doing!

Mirio:When we put on our costumes and start hitting the streets,that's when we become heroes,so don't let your guard down,Deku! | Midoriya:Got it Lemillion!

They begin walking again,but Midoriya felt something,or someone rather,bump into him. He didn't move an inch,or even flinch,but the little girl that bumped into him fell to the ground.

Midoriya:*crouches down* Woah,I'm sorry! You took a tumble!

He stretches his arm out to pet her head,but the girl's eyes shrink in fear as she lets out a gasp.