BNHA Part 45

--Midoriya--

Midoriya:I HAVE TO TALK TO YOU ALL MIGHT!!! | All Might:*raises his arms* WOAH OKAY YOUNG MIDORIYA'S HERE!

Midoriya halts just before he hit All Might as the sun was starting to set. They were at the road that goes around the campus and ends at the dorms.

All Might:Hold on,how did you even know where I was? (a few seconds of silence went by as Midoriya regains his breath) | Midoriya:You knew what I was walking into...Nighteye understands how One for All works,and he wanted you to pass it to Togota. Not me. You had to know I'd find out everything,so why didn't you warn me about it?

All Might:I wasn't sure it was my place to tell you... | Midoriya:Of course it was! To hear all of this at once,be rejected by him! And before I even had the chance to make sense of it all,the worse part was not knowing why you kept it a secret,how I should feel about it! I need to know everything,All Might! Not as your fan,but as your successor!

All Might:...I didn't think knowing this information would help with your development,but if you really want the truth... | Midoriya:Anything's better than having you keep secrets from me. | All Might:You may regret this... | Midoriya:I won't.

All Might:Okay. So Nighteye has always been a fan of mine. It was my policy not to take on sidekicks. Eventually I gave in and let him be my number 2. We worked together for about five years. He was the brain behind my operation. | Midoriya:I know that much. I also know you two got along. | All Might:We did.

All Might:But...six years ago,we dissolved our partnership because of my injury. Turns out we have different values. The two of us parted ways after that argument. He couldn't agree about my future. Principle Nezu recommended Young Togota to me,but...before I could meet him,I ended up running into you. I'm sorry...I didn't want to tell you,because.....because,you're my fan...

Then,All Might continues his jogging. Midoriya wanted to speak,but words were caught up in his throat. After All Might was a good distance away from Midoriya,he finally found the words,albeit rather dark...

Midoriya:All Might's...going to die...?

That's when it really hit me. Death... I'd known something bad was coming,and everyone will die someday. But...being forced to hear it...from All Might himself...

Midoriya:He'll die...

All Might:After we met and I decided to pass my power onto you,I told Nighteye my plan,but he was so opposed to the idea,and the rift between us grow even deeper. He thought I was an idiot,throwing my power away. So he a candidate that he felt was better.

Midoriya:*catches up with All Might* Wait,hold up! All Might please! Tell me! About Nighteye's vision! How far into the future was it?! | All Might:Six or seven years. The further into the future he sees,the harder it is to see exactly something will happen,but his Foresight has never been wrong. | Midoriya:Wait...then that means it would be this year or the next...you're kidding,right...? This can't happen! I want you to live,All Might! Do you remember what you said about the Sports Festival? Our promise?

All Might:I want to introduce yourself to the world,and proudly say I am here!

Midoriya:I can't do that yet,so live! Until I can keep our pact,watch me tell them I am here! I need you here! Don't you understand?! | All Might:Young Midoriya. Back then,when I heard I would die,I accepted that as my future. I just figured,I'll keep running at full speed until I got to the finish line. | Midoriya:All Might... | All Might:And then when I was fighting All for One,I thought that would be the end of the race. But,you were there,kiddo.