CHAPTER THIRTEEN : HEAVEN AND EARTH

"Esha it is seven in morning. Don't want to go to work? Get up" my mom was screaming.

What the hell? Is it seven. Oh shit! I'm running late, I woke up from my sleep all of a sudden and then my brain recalls the memories from yesterday . Oops, how can I even forget that I am not employed from today.

"Stop dreaming and you better get up" my mom warned me.

How am I supposed to tell my mom that I am fired and will not be going to work from now on? I have to manage it somehow.

"Ma, I have got vacation until this month end" I said without making a eye contact.

"What, you said you didn't get holidays and that's why we had to cancel the Cannada trip." she responds in a doubtful manner.

"No no holiday in the sense, Wo-rk-Work from Home Ma" I somehow tried to manage.

"Whatever!" my mom rolled her eyes and left.

Thank goodness! Running to office all day long was also good. Oh damn, I miss them now.

I looked beside and Ruhi was still sleeping like a teddy bear. I hugged her and fell asleep.

It was around eight thirty I guess, Ruhi was waking me up.

"What you want. Go away Ruhi" I pushed her away.

"Someone prank called you morning telling that they are going to kill you. Weird!" she chuckled.

"Probably it is Dua or Inaaya. But why did you take my phone?" I finally opened my eyes.

"It was some male voice. Anyways I am going to school. Bye" Ruhi picks her bag up and leaves.

I woke up finally and took a bath and had literally nothing to do.I told my mom that I have to work from home so I pretended to work on the laptop . This really sucks. I went and started surfing in the web.

Around ten thirty in the morning Dua unexpectedly came home. In this situation what do you expect a best friend to do? Obviously you will expect her to come to me. But no, she went running to my mom gossiping about me and gobbled up five idili in one go. That's the typical Dua. Not only Dua, basically all my friends have been found of my mom more than me. Senseless!

She then came to me resumed her gossip session. My phone rung suddenly and before I could pick it up , Dua attended.

"Hello Esha here" she sighed. I signaled her asking who is it but she just nodded her head.

"What? Who are you? You better tell me, I wont leave you alive" she started shouting. I didn't get what was going on. Who must have called? I went and closed my the door and took the phone but the call ended before.

"Who called?" I asked her.

"Esha-Esha someone called telling they will kill you for selling the file" Dua told it in one go and I couldn't belive whatever she said. Kill! Who would go to that extreme? Plus I didn't sell the file I just lost it. God No! Was this the call that Ruhi told me in the morning?

"Dua did you prank call me in morning?" I asked her.

"No why will I call you early in the morning to prank you. I am not a morning person you know." Dua said and my breath stopped for a miniute.

"Dua listen to me, Ruhi got a call in the morning and someone said they would kill me it seems. She thought it was a prank call. I am scared Dua" I held Dua's hand tightly.

"Shall we go to police Esha?" Dua whispers.

"NO-NO-NO. What if it is a prank call trying to scare us?" I whispered back.