2470-2479

2470-Fortress Unlocked

Quite some time had passed after Shi Feng left the reception room before Fithalia and the others managed to snap out of their daze.

"Has Guild Leader Black Flame always been such an impulsive person?" Fithalia could not help but ask as she turned to look at MacAffrey and Crimson Witch. Her mind couldn't keep up with Shi Feng's pace at all.

When fighting over interests, superpowers rarely started with a declaration of war. They would generally choose to settle things with discussions. Only if negotiations broke down would they take action. After all, a war between two superpowers was no trivial matter. Regardless of the outcome, both sides would end up suffering significant—and even irreparable—losses.

Meanwhile, she had merely proposed to negotiate with Netherworld Empire and asked Shi Feng to prepare to make some minor concessions, yet Shi Feng had flat-out rejected her proposal and decided to clash with the Great Super Guild to the very end.

This simply wasn't a decision a Guild Leader would make. Only a fool would do so.

Of course, she also found Shi Feng's decision understandable.

Zero Wing had gone to great lengths to capture the Starlight Fortress. However, just as it was about to start harvesting its profits, a bunch of people suddenly appeared to claim a share of these profits. Any normal person would get enraged by this matter. However, such a situation frequently occurred in both the real world and the virtual world.

In a situation where one was weaker than the other party, opting for a frontal clash was an extremely unwise decision.

This was especially true now that more than a dozen superpowers were targeting the Starlight Fortress. So long as one of these superpowers took the lead, they would attack the Starlight Fortress without hesitation. At that time, even if these superpowers failed to capture the Starlight Fortress, they would still cripple its operation.

Unlike other fortresses, the Starlight Fortress did not have any NPC soldiers to assist in its management; players had to rely entirely on themselves. Moreover, the ruling power would have only partial authority over the fortress and was incapable of prohibiting entry to certain players by manipulating the fortress magic array. If the ruling power wished to prevent entry to certain players, it would have to rely on its own players to do so. This was also the case when it came to settling fights that occurred within the fortress.

Meanwhile, over a dozen superpowers were targeting the Starlight Fortress, including Netherworld Empire. So long as these superpowers dispatched experts to cause a ruckus inside the Starlight Fortress, stopping them would be impossible with the manpower and strength Zero Wing and Divine Tribe possessed. In fact, Zero Wing and Divine Tribe wouldn't even be able to stop the various superpowers from entering the Starlight Fortress.

If this situation persisted, who would dare visit the Starlight Fortress?

"Guild Leader Black Flame is indeed a very straightforward person. However, even I did not expect him to be so resolute in his stance that he won't even negotiate," MacAffrey said. Likewise, Shi Feng's decisive response exceeded his expectations.

"Commander Fithalia, what should we do next? There is no room for discussions on Zero Wing's side. Are we really going to clash with the various superpowers?" Crimson Witch asked worriedly.

After partnering with Zero Wing, Divine Tribe had invested a huge amount of resources into developing its temporary Residence in the Starlight Fortress. Divine Tribe had even drafted a series of plans around the Starlight Fortress and invested a large portion of the Guild's resources into these plans.