1501-1520

Chapter 1501 - Reversal

Nine Dragons Emperor's expression darkened when he heard the scout's report.

He had wanted to deal a devastating blow to Phoenix Rain and eliminate her from the contest, yet not only had he lost two of his three ancient towers, but his team had also suffered over 60 casualties. If the other superpowers knew this, he'd become a laughingstock.

Good! Very good! Killing intent flashed in Nine Dragons Emperor's eyes as he watched a battle video his scout had recorded. Since you want to play, let's play! I'll teach you the meaning of digging your own grave!

"Pavilion Master, should we send a team to recapture Blood Dragon's tower?" Martial Dragon asked when he saw the fury on Nine Dragons Emperor's face.

"No! We'll head to the cliff tower! We'll reclaim that tower first; then we'll take care of Phoenix Rain's team. Tell our resurrected members to gather at the forest tower. I won't let Ye Feng steal another!" Nine Dragons Emperor commanded.

He had to admit that Shi Feng's Teleportation Skill was heaven-defying on Thunder Island, and the fact that he had a large-scale destruction Spell only complemented his ability to teleport.

At the end of the day, however, there was still a massive difference between their teams' strength. As long as he approached the situation slowly and steadily, Shi Feng wouldn't have an opportunity to steal another tower.

...

Meanwhile, the various superpowers on Thunder Island were shocked to hear that Nine Dragons Emperor had lost two ancient towers in a row.

"What? Nine Dragons Emperor actually lost two of his towers?"

"Could this be a ploy to lure Phoenix Rain into a trap?"

The contest for Thunder Island had many restrictions. There were also the tower buffs and the scouts outside of the island to consider. Stealing one occupied tower was incredibly difficult, yet Phoenix Rain's team had stolen two of Nine Dragons Emperor's towers in a row.

When the various superpowers received this news, they wondered about the information's validity.

...

"Guild Leader, Phoenix Rain and Zero Wing have obtained three ancient towers. They should have no problems securing a monster encampment. Should we contact Phoenix Rain and reopen negotiations?" Quiet Melody suggested to Eternal Dead after receiving the shocking report.

"It seems that I've really have underestimated them. However, the battle has just begun. Nine Dragons Emperor is no easy opponent, and Miracle's been poking its nose into the matter. They'll only qualify to negotiate with us if they can hold a monster encampment until the contest ends," Eternal Dead said, showing his lack of interest with a wave of his hand.

Phoenix Rain only controlled a portion of the Dragon-Phoenix Pavilion's combat power, and even the Guild's combined strength was no match for the Sacred Temple.

There was no need to mention Zero Wing. It was merely a Guild that occupied a single kingdom. To the Sacred Temple, Zero Wing was no different than ordinary large Guilds.

"They still don't qualify?" After giving the matter some thought, Quiet Melody agreed with Eternal Dead's estimation.

Phoenix Rain and Zero Wing's performance was indeed shocking.

But that performance only proved that they had potential. Phoenix Rain and Zero Wing had yet to display sufficient value. There was no way that the Sacred Temple and Battle Wolves would treat Phoenix Rain and Zero Wing like potential partners.