1981-2000

Chapter 1981 - Trial Difficulty

"What? Even the Guild Leader is going to train?"

"I wonder how far the Guild Leader can reach?"

"Didn't the Guild Leader say that he would wait for us on the second floor's training ground? That means he has to pass through the first floor!"

"This trial is so difficult I wonder how the Guild Leader will clear it?"

As Shi Feng approached the first-floor training ground, Zero Wing's members stopped their respective training and turned to look at Shi Feng, curious to see his performance.

By this time, they had all attempted the training ground's trial already, so they knew that its difficulty was frustratingly high. Hence, they couldn't believe that Shi Feng would succeed.

As Shi Feng got increasingly closer to the boundary of the training ground, he did not make any preparations at all—unlike everyone else. Instead, he stepped straight into the training ground, his gait not faltering even in the slightest.

The moment Shi Feng entered the training ground, four beam attacks suddenly appeared and flew straight at him.

The beam attacks of the training ground appeared with no warning at all, making it impossible for players to take preemptive action to evade them. Players had to rely on their sight and quick judgment to dodge the attacks.

Of course, dodging four of such sudden attacks would not be a problem at all for the expert players present, so long as they gave it their all.

However, despite seeing the beam attacks, Shi Feng gave no indication of wanting to dodge them. Instead, he maintained his pace, continuing to walk forward, straight into the attacks.

Xiu... Xiu... Xiu...

In the next moment, Zero Wing's members saw the beam attacks pierce right through their Guild Leader.

However, contrary to everyone's expectations, even after the four beam attacks faded out of existence, Shi Feng still did not get sent flying backward. His pace hadn't even faltered. The beams had apparently passed through Shi Feng to no effect.

"What's going on?"

"I didn't see the Guild Leader making any evasive maneuvers!"

"How did the Guild Leader do it?"

The spectating crowd was stunned as Shi Feng kept moving forward.

The beam attacks that had repeatedly given Zero Wing's members a terrible beating actually had zero effect against their Guild Leader. Shi Feng did not even sidestep the attacks. Right now, it looked as if Shi Feng was merely taking a leisurely stroll through his backyard as he walked toward the central magic array. The beam attacks would always miss their mark by just one or two centimeters, as if they were actively avoiding Shi Feng, and bypass him ineffectually.

When Shi Feng crossed the 50-yard mark and faced 20-plus beam attacks simultaneously, one of the beams suddenly altered its trajectory just as it was about to reach Shi Feng. However, despite this abrupt change, Shi Feng reacted to it calmly and simply slashed it with one of his swords.

In the end, the beam attack got sliced through cleanly. It did not even manage to slow Shi Feng's advance for even a heartbeat.

Following which, as Shi Feng continued advancing, the number of beam attacks that abruptly altered their trajectories increased as well. By the time he neared the 100-yard mark, the number of transforming attacks had already reached eight. However, this increase was trivial to him. It just meant that he needed to swing his swords a few more times, at most. From a spectator's perspective, it would look as if the beam attacks were attracted to his swords, as if they all automatically headed toward the weapons.