1481-1500

Chapter 1481 - Challenging the King of Trees

"Why is it a Mythic monster?!"

"Is the system toying with us?!"

When everyone saw the colossal tree looming over 100 meters above them, their relaxed, confident expressions vanished.

Even Quiet Melody, a Vice Temple Master from the Super Guild, Sacred Temple, could not help her grim expression.

...

[King of Trees] (Plant Lifeform, Mythic)
Level 60
HP 600,000,000/600,000,000

...

Just looking at the King of Trees sent shivers down her spine. Even before the fight began, the pressure of King of Trees' intense aura weighed down on her.

This was only the tip of the iceberg. What truly made her feel powerless was the thick tendrils extending from the treant's body.

The Grand Lord ranked Dryad they had previously faced had only wielded four tendrils, each possessing 60% of the Dryad's Strength, yet the King of Trees has 12 tendrils...

She wouldn't have worried if the tendrils had 60% of a Grand Lord's Strength, but against 60% of a Level 60 Mythic monster's, even Tier 3 summoned creatures would be defenseless, much less players.

Moreover, a large number of Dryads accompanied the King of Trees. At a glance, Quiet Melody counted over 200 Dryads, including six Grand Lords and 60 Great Lords. All of the Dryads were clustered together, so attacking one might lure the whole group.

Even Phoenix Rain and Quiet Melody, who had survived countless raids and battles, couldn't help their despair.

"Rain, let's give up on the King of Trees. It's simply too powerful. We can't raid that Boss right now," Quiet Melody advised her friend, who had been silent all this time. "We still have plenty of time left. We can raid other Dryad nests. We don't need to waste our time here."

The best part about Historical Sites was their plethora of treasure-laden locations. Although the quantity and quality of treasures they would find in other Dryad nests couldn't compare to those in the Sunset Shrine, they'd walk away with far more than what'd they'd find in a 100-man Hell Mode Team Dungeon.

"I understand," Phoenix Rain responded, reluctance filling her eyes as she watched the King of Trees; she knew that trying to fight that thing would be suicidal. Not even the numerous trump cards she had prepared would help her against the Mythic ranked King of Trees. Immediately, she issued a command in the team chat, "Everyone, rest up. Scouting parties, continue your search for other Dryad nest."

Just as the scouting parties prepared to head out in search, Shi Feng shouted, "Hold on a minute!"

"Does he have a plan?" Phoenix Rain could not help but turn towards the Swordsman.

"How can he? The surrounding, high-tiered Dryads will be difficult enough to clear out, not to mention the King of Trees. Not even six Tier 3 summoned creatures can hold up against the Boss's tendrils. Without anyone tanking the tendrils, it'll only be a matter of time before we're annihilated," Quiet Melody argued.

While she acknowledged that they had only made it this far so easily thanks to Shi Feng's leadership and ingenuity, she couldn't bring herself to believe that they had a chance against the King of Trees. Compared to the three Dryad nests they had already exterminated, raiding the King of Trees would be a nightmare. The Boss wasn't a foe that they could defeat with good leadership and strategy. They also needed to be strong enough, and it was obvious that their team wasn't.