381-400

Chapter 381 - attacks from above and below

Sharlyn was a Tier 4 Great Divine Official. The information she had access to would definitely surpass a player like Shi Feng.

The fact that she knew about the Destroyer of Immortality proved this point.

"Should I wait a little longer?" Shi Feng pondered in silence as he looked at the translucent sword that penetrated the ground.

Now that the Destroyer of Immortality had awakened, he could take on the Legacy Trial anytime he wanted to. He could slowly build his strength before challenging the trial. That way, he would have a higher chance of successfully clearing it.

After all, as one of the Ten Great Saint Legacies, the consequences of failure would be severe. It might turn out just as Sharlyn had guessed.

Death!

Heaven-blessed individuals were immortal existences, being able to resurrect infinitely. Yet, despite knowing this, Sharlyn had still made such an ominous claim. This proved that the penalty of failure would be unbearable, and players would have no choice but to delete their accounts and start all over again.

The wisest choice for Shi Feng right now was to first increase his strength before challenging the Saint Legacy's trial.

However, after campaigning in God's Domain for a decade, Shi Feng understood one thing clearly.

Life in God's Domain was like a boat sailing against the current; either he kept going forward, or he would fall behind.

Pursuing stability constantly was not enough. Sometimes, one needed to take risks to achieve a breakthrough. Moreover, Shi Feng did not have too much time to waste.

Risks and opportunities coexisted.

The sooner he obtained the Saint Legacy, the smoother his path towards godhood would be. Originally, Shi Feng had not been certain that he could become a Tier 5 class in this life. To do so, he had to plan and prepare carefully. As for becoming a Tier 6 god-ranked class, that was nigh impossible. That was the apex of God's Domain. How could something like that be so easy to achieve?

Shi Feng was aware of his own capabilities. His current performance right now was only amazing due to his decade of experience playing God's Domain. It was not possible to walk the path toward godhood just by having a few additional years of experience. However, if he gained one of the Ten Great Saint Classes earlier on, coupling it with careful planning and preparation, he would have a better chance of becoming a god.

Shi Feng stepped up to the Destroyer of Immortality. He then grabbed the golden hilt of the sword. When he tried to pull the translucent blade out of the ground, however, it did not budge. No matter how much strength Shi Feng exerted, the sword remained firmly stuck in the floor. Instead, the sound of a system notification reached his ears.

System: Do you wish to accept the Legacy Trial? (Remaining time: 23 hours 54 minutes)

"Well, shit." Shi Feng bitterly smiled.

The Destroyer of Immortality never intended to give him a chance to raise his strength.

Sighing, Shi Feng accepted the trial.

Suddenly, the Destroyer of Immortality released a divine golden light, enveloping Shi Feng. In the next moment, both the Destroyer of Immortality and Shi Feng vanished from the room.

"Space Transfer?" Sharlyn's eyes flashed with surprise at both Shi Feng's and the Destroyer of Immortality's sudden disappearance.

A powerful barrier protected the Stargazing Tower, and all forms of teleportation magic were rendered ineffective here, regardless of whether said magic was used to enter or leave the Tower. Yet, the Destroyer of Immortality had effortlessly accomplished this feat.