241-260

Chapter 241 - envious wealth

All the players present at the auction venue were awestruck by Shi Feng's bid of 20 Gold Coins.

Players who could attend the Blackwing Auction all had extraordinary backgrounds. Even so, none of them could afford such a price.

Although plenty of the players present were provided funding by their own Guilds, that only amounted to 10 Gold or so. Even the wealthiest Guild present had brought only a little more than 20 Gold. Hence, nobody present would be willing to go all-out just for a pair of Level 15 daggers, even if they were weapons of supreme quality. Although these daggers could instantly turn an expert Assassin into an apex Assassin, they would not be of much help to the Guild in the long run.

Even if the players present could afford to buy these daggers, they would not spend 20 Gold to do so.

After the auctioneer slammed his hammer for the third time, everyone in the audience started laughing maniacally.

"What a stupid guy! He actually spent 20 Gold for those two daggers! I wonder who he is trying to impress, for him to willingly part with so much money?"

"Hahaha! At least I have one less competitor now!"

"Twenty Gold! What a rich tycoon!"

While ignoring everyone's mockery, Shi Feng paid 20 Gold to the Auction House and received the two daggers. He then shifted his focus to the next item up for bid.

[Purgatory's Shadow] (One-handed Sword, Dark-Gold Rank)

Level 20 (Can be upgraded twice)

Attack +273

Strength+30, Agility +25, Endurance +22

Attack Speed +2

20% chance to cause 300% damage.

10% chance to reduce damage dealt by target by 20%. Effect not stackable.

Additional Skill-

Purgatory Power: When activated, increases Attack Speed by 100% and damage dealt by 30% for 15 seconds.

Cooldown: 2 minutes

In God's Domain, weapons and equipment could be categorized into two types: those that could be upgraded, and those that could not be upgraded.

A majority of the weapons and equipment available belonged to the latter category, and only a scant few items could be upgraded. Normally, only items of Epic rank or above could grow along with a player's level, and very rarely would any item below Epic rank possess such a capability.

"It can be upgraded twice? As expected of one of the treasures of the Blackwing Auction House. If this item could be upgraded to Level 30, it can still be of use even when players reach Level 45." Shi Feng was very satisfied with this weapon. He could equip the Purgatory's Shadow once he reached Level 20, and he would not need to waste time looking for a new weapon.

Not only was the Purgatory's Shadow suited to Swordsmen, it was also suitable for Shield Warriors and Guardian Knights. If an MT equipped this sword, not only would their maximum HP greatly increase, their damage output would similarly increase by a huge margin; they could aggro monsters much more firmly. However, the most important feature of this sword was its ability to reduce a target's damage-dealing by 20%. This weapon was practically made to counter Boss monsters. If used inside a Team Dungeon, its effect would be decisive.

Compared to the two Fine-Gold ranked daggers from before, the Dark-Gold ranked Purgatory's Shadow would be of much greater help to a Guild.

However, the minimum price for the Purgatory's Shadow was likewise greater.