TWENTY

"(Y/N), wanna dance?" I lift my head off the desk, seeing Jiaqi by the doorway. I nodded lazily, standing up to leave our empty room. "Where's Keran?" She asks, noticing my gloomy expression.

"With Linfan." My words were short and blunt, making Jiaqi question my expressions. "They're sending Hazel off." I added, stuffing my hands in the pockets of hoodie. She tilted her head in confusion. "Why aren't you with them?"

"I'm not close with her." I sighed. "You were roommates with her for three months," Jiaqi hits my arm as I slightly glare at her. "I never really liked her anyways." I mumbled, making sure she heard it.

"That's mean."

"I know." I mumbled again, kicking at the pebbles on the floor. I glanced at her with a sad expression. "Can I hug you?" I suddenly ask, as she looks at me with surprise.

"I-I don't think that's a g-good idea. Keran could see us and misunderstand-"

"Please?" I pleaded as she slowly gives in, opening her arms. I lunged towards her, wrapping my arms back around her torso. "They all said I wasn't suitable as center." I muttered, tears building up in the corner of my eyes.

Jiaqi flinched as she pats my back. "Who said so?"

"Everyone."

She tightened her arms around me as I could feel her shake her head. "Not me, baby." Jiaqi caresses my hair. "Why does everyone like calling me baby?" I pouted, as I shut my eyes close, pretending that it was Keran that was holding me.

"You're a literal baby." She hums.

I sigh, shaking my head. "Why are you telling me this though?" Jiaqi asks, playing with my hair. "Am I not allowed to?" I sassed, pulling away from the hug.

Jiaqi shakes her head, walking off without me. "I just think you'd give me the comfort I wanted," I whispered as I speed-walked, trying to catch up with her.

"You could've went to Keran," She mumbled, slowing down so my lazy ass could catch up to her. "I... don't know." We've only been together for a month, but there's always that negative thought that lingers in the back of my mind. "It's slipping away..." I looked down on my feet, halting to a stop when Jiaqi also stopped.

"Keran," Jiaqi breathed out, making my look up to the person mentioned. My eyes widened as I felt my breathe get stuck in my throat. A shadow was casted over her eyes as she looked down on her feet, avoiding my eyes. I pursed my lips as I was frozen on my spot.

"Excuse me,"

"K-Keran, wait." I turned around to catch up to her but was stopped by Jiaqi. "Don't." She warns, her hand around my wrist.

"B-But she," Panic pooled in my eyes as I pleaded her. "She..." I closed my eyes as I sat on the floor, my hands covering my face.

"Hey, Jiaqi." I heard a new voice, making me assume that there was probably someone else. "(Y/N)? Keran went ahead of me so she could see you."

I made a mistake.

I felt a pang in my heart at what she said. I stood up, running off to find Keran before they could say another word.

I went in the elevator, frantically pressing the button to our dorm floor. "Hurry up," I mumbled as leant against the elevator walls, my hands gripping at my hair.

"Why the hell did I say that...?" I hit the back of my head against the wall, shutting my eyes closed as I scolded myself. I shakily breathed out as I heard a small 'ding' from the elevator. I immediately went out, rushing to our dorm room.

I heavily panted as I slowly turned the door knob, the nervousness in me rising each second. "Keran...?" My voice resonated in the room as I slowly walked in the dim room. I saw the familiar figure, quietly sitting by her desk as she stares into nothingness.

"I-"

"It's fine," Keran mumbles, my eyes trailing to her fingers which were tapping on her desk. "No, it's not." I cut her off, causing her to look at me. "You don't know that."

"Keran, let's talk."

"I'm not in the mood, (Y/N)-"

"Please," I pleaded, slamming my hands on the desk. She jolted from the loud sound I made before giving in. "Fine." Keran faces me as she crosses her arms.

"Do you like me?" I hesitantly ask, leaning against the ladder to my bed. "Of course I do, why would I be here, sulking when I don't?" Keran replied, a tone of anger to her voice. Even though I knew she was mad, I couldn't help but feel fluttered by her words.

"I feel like I'm in a onesided relationship." I stated, looking down on my shoes, wanting to avoid her eyes. "You say that you like me, but I can't feel it." I pursed my lips as I balled my hands into fists.

"I could be just overthinking but I just can't keep it to myself." We were left in a few minutes of silence before Keran spoke up.

"Was that why you kept going to others? When I'm here for you?"

I was stunned. Did she see Jiaqi and me? I don't know. But either way, she knows that I seldom tell my problems to her. "That's the point, you don't care." I blurted out, forgetting how I told myself not to tell her too much.

Keran scoffed, standing up from her chair. "How could you say that? When all I do all day is think about being enough for you? I wake up everyday and think about how you seem so content with others. It hurts to think that- that you could easily replace me like that, (Y/N). It hurts."

I shut my mouth as my eyes instantly went to her eyes, in surprise. I took my time with analyzing her face and all I could see is pain. I bit my lip as I looked away, feeling guilty of my actions.

"D-Don't talk to me... I need to think..." I felt my heart drop at her words. "T-Think? Think about w-what?" My voice trembled, scared that what she would say next was what the last thing I wished she would ever say to me.

"To think about us, (Y/N)."

I felt my heart drop. "What...?" There wasn't any sound coming out my mouth. Isn't it too early for this? We're together for just three months. Us...? What does 'us' mean to her?

"Please..." Keran used the same word I used earlier, making me purse my lips into a thin line. "Talk to me when you're done," I whispered as I left the room without another word.

《》

a/n

im sorry i suck at angst🙈

did u guys enjoy it??:))