FORTY-NINE

! this is keran's pov from when they had the break up:) please don't be confused, it's the same events from before !

(Y/N) hurting herself was the last thing I wanted to happen. She kept overworking her self, to the point that she's very worn out.

I really didn't have the guts to approach her, so here I was, sitting outside the practice room she was in to make sure she's safe. Jiaqi has been in there with her for a while now and I was grateful for that. Even if it's not me who's keeping a close eye on her, at least she's safe. It's what matters.

"You should rest, okay?"

Hearing footsteps approaching the door, I snap out of my sleepy state. I quickly hide behind the door, making sure I don't get caught. My eyes catch Jiaqi, who was peeking at (Y/N).

Seeing as she finally left, I leant against the doorway. My eyes watch her figure as she does the opposite of what Jiaqi told her to do. "Didn't she tell you to rest?" I watch as she slightly jumps as she heard my voice.

(Y/N) looked everywhere but my eyes, slightly hurting me. "Why do you care?" She spits, slightly catching me off-guard. I turn away, a sigh leaving my lips. She hates me.

I ran my hand through my hair as I enter the empty room next to hers. "Damn, fucking damn it." I groaned, running around the room to release the stress I was currently feeling.

I halt in my steps as I hear a familiar singing voice that bounced off the walls. Completely entranced by it, I slowly approached the source of the angelic sound.

Here I was, back in my previous position as I watch (Y/N) sing and dance her heart out like there's no tomorrow. It was... beautiful. I've never seen her dance with so much emotions before. I felt my heart beat faster as her eyes almost caught mine.

"I want to see you." She ends the song, breathless. I didn't know what took over me, as these two words leave my mouth.

"I'm here."

I felt panicked, seeing as she immediately looked at my direction. My instincts made me hide behind the door again as I held my breathe in.

"I- I'm going to get a heart attack at this point..." I talked to myself as I quietly decided to go back to my dorm and stop creeping on (Y/N).

Just as I was about to leave, I felt my heart hurt in my chest as I watch her crouch down on the floor and clench her hair in her hands.

"Why do you do this to me...?"

I pursed my lips, looking away.

"I also wonder why I do this."

《》

Turns out I wasn't able to sleep after all. "Keraaan~ Where are you going at this hour?" I looked at the clock, seeing how I only slept for around thirty minutes. "I'm getting food." I groggily reply, rubbing my eyes.

"Get me some food too!" I could hear Linfan exclaim, gripping on the sleeve of my hoodie. "Eh," I looked at her with a blank expression, as I had originally planned to buy food for (Y/N) and have someone else give it to her.

"Please~" Linfan whined, clinging to my arm. "You're so annoying." I sighed, prying her hands off me. "No." I refused as she pouts at me in an attempt to lure me in with her cuteness.

"No," I breathed out, repeating what I said earlier. She huffed, pushing me off. "Fine! Selfish ass bitc–" Linfan muttered to herself as a sigh left my lips.

"Whatever," I breathed out through my nose, leaving her to do what she was originally doing before she decided to pester me.

Leaving to do what I planned to do, I remembered how she liked fried rice. Keeping that in mind, I went to the cafeteria to buy some.

I spot a familiar girl, making my eyes slightly light up. "Daimeng!" My loud voice caught her attention, making her look at me in curiosity. She hummed, gesturing me to continue.

"I have a favor." Daimeng hums again, as I continued. "Please give this to (Y/N)." Hearing my words, she immediately complained."Ah! I'm already tired and you're asking me for a favor!" I pouted as I grabbed her hands. "Please!" I pleaded her to do this favor since I really didn't have any more time to ask someone else.

I mentally sighed, seeing how I was acting like how Linfan acted earlier.

"I'll also buy you food." I bargained, making her stop to think for a moment. "Hm... Ugh... Fine. Wait here, I'll place my bags back in the room. I can't possibly carry all that in one go."

A smile crawls on my lips as I lightly jump up and down, happy that I'd get to feed (Y/N). Well, I did give her the food so technically, I fed her.

I instantly panicked, remembering how we still had to have rehersals.

"I hope she eats before the rehersals."

《》

My eyes spot Yuxin, who seemed to be just pacing around, doing nothing. An idea came into my mind, as I approach her. "Favor... Please?" I grasped her hand as she looked at me with an annoyed yet curious expression. "What again?" She complains, even though it's obvious that she was interested. 

"(Y/N) likes iced tea." I stated, my eyes sparkling at the idea. "Could you get her some?" I licked my lips as I tightened my grip on her hand. Yuxin stayed silent for a moment before nodding. "Mhm sure, I'll ask someone to buy. We have to practice. My eyes lit up at what she said as I nodded frantically. My smile widened as I tapped her shoulder, going in our room to practice.

"Yes, Yuxin?" I heard the familiar high-pitched voice that I didn't really like. "Oh, Theia. You're free right? Would you mind doing me a small favor?" I stood up from the floor, watching the two from afar. Theia's eyes slightly widened at the sight of me. "A favor? Sure, anything!" 

"Can you buy us a bottle of iced tea? We're kinda busy with the rehearsals and all." Theia immediately nodded, making me sigh in relief. I've asked too many favors today. 

"It's for (Y/N)." I added, knowing how Theia always stuck to her so she probably likes her as a person or something. 

"Oh really?" What I didn't notice was a glint of mischief that she had in her eyes.