FORTY-SIX

! this is keran's pov from when they had the break up:) please don't be confused, it's the same events from before !

I silently admired the silver ring on my finger, my eyes not moving away from it, even for a second. "Keran?" I looked at Keyin, who called me. I hid my hand, rubbing my thumb against the piece of jewelry.

"Yeah?" I mumbled, looking at her. "I've called you four times already, is something up?" Hearing this, I was kind of shocked. My eyes widened as my mouth opened to speak. "Oh is that so?..." I pursed my lips, looking back on the screen as I saw 'Ambush from all sides' perform.

"I was asking if you were nervous cause you seemed like it." Keyin tapped my thigh, bringing me back to the memory when (Y/N) places her hand on my thigh because I was nervous of getting eliminated from the show. Remembering the thought, a smile was plastered on my face.

"I'm not."

I say, pretending that (Y/N) was here to calm me down as she always does. "Hmm, whatever you say." Keyin hummed, looking back to the screen.

I let out an inaudible sigh, shutting my eyes closed. I need to get my mind off things.

...

"Keran, let's go." As I heard my name, my eyes instantly shot open. "Oh, uh yeah." That was fast. It felt like just a second ago, the first team was just performing. I stood up, stretching my limbs as I quietly followed my teammates, saying thank you to everyone who wished us good luck.

"Good luck, Keran~" I felt an unfamiliar arm snake around mine, making me cringe by the slightest, but I tried not to let it show. I only removed my arm, muttering a small and forced 'thank you'.

I felt another hand hold my wrist but I instantly knew it wasn't just any person's hand. It was (Y/N). "Do your best." I heard her mutter, as I was unable to stop a smile from forming on my lips. I slyly slid my hand into hers, our rings softly clanking into each others.

"I will." I whispered back, tightening the grip I had on her hand.

"You're wearing it..." She whispered, a wide grin plastered on her lips. (Y/N) gestured me to bend down to her level, to which I unconsciously obeyed to. Even though I wanted to stop myself from doing so, my body acts on its own, as if it's under (Y/N)'s command. Weird.

I felt shock surge throughout my body as her right hand cupped my cheek, gliding her thumb on my red tinted lips. She smudged my lipstick, leaving a mark on my skin. Heat rushed to my face as I was flustered.

"W-What was t-that-?" I stuttered, a layer of pink over my cheeks. "A mark that signifies that you're mine." Hearing her words, the blush on my cheeks deepen, causing me to stand up straight and look away.

"I- I have to go.." I muttered, hesitantly letting her hand go. "Take care, (Y/N)." I advised, taking one more glance at her before leaving the practice room in plain regret. It was probably the last time I'd see (Y/N) smile because of me.

"Damn it." I swore, tightly clenching my fists.

I performed, the only thing on my mind was (Y/N). The thought of losing her made me turn serious and coincidentally, it somehow made me perform better. I was grateful for that.

As I sit in the results room, all I could think about was what I'll be saying to her for the next day. I was nervous, but I wasn't nervous because of my results, I hardly care about that. I was nervous because I didn't want her to be hurt at all. I'm sure she'll be sad for a while but knowing her jolly personality, she'd be up and happy in just a few.

Seeing my result, I only nodded, accepting whatever the heck it is. I was eager to watch her performance, so as soon as we received our results, I stood up, leaving to go to the waiting room.

"Ah, Keran! Wait up!" I heard footsteps follow after me. After around minute of sprinting, my hand came in contact with the door, pushing it open as everyone looks at me. "Hey, you did well-"

"Thank you," I panted, sweat forming on my face. "Did it start?" The trainee I was talking to shook her head. My eyes lightened up as I quickly took a seat.

"You came here in like a second, were you really that desperate to watch?" I quickly nod, not even knowing the person I was talking to. "Why?" The question caught me off-guard, making me look at her. It was Yuyan.

"I also wanted to be in that team so I should see how they do." I lied, obviously not going to tell her that I wanted to watch it for (Y/N). Yuyan stayed silent for a moment before nodding, making me feel relieved that she didn't ask questions any further.

The performance started, and just like that, I was sucked in by her charms.

《》

I felt confusion and fear rise through me as I saw her group enter the waiting room without (Y/N). Thousands of negative possibilities went across my mind, making me panic. I calmed myself down, reminding myself that she won't really be in trouble here.

I sigh, sitting back down on the chair. "Where's (Y/N)?" I ask the trainee that always sticks with (Y/N). Her eyes immediately lit up upon our interaction. I remembered her name being Theia, as I listened attentively when they were introducing theirselves.

Theia didn't answer me, as she kept staring at me with awe. "Theia?" I called her name, causing her to snap out of her trance. "Oh, uh, yeah?" She smiles as I shift uncomfortably due to our close proximity.

"Nevermind," I whisper, not really liking the fact that she seemed flirty. I mean, it's normal but... It just doesn't feel right. "What is it?" Theia whined, feeling her arm go around mine.

I froze, not really knowing how to respond to this situation. "Keran, you're close to Theia?" Hearing this, I panicked. "No-" "Yeah!" I bit the insides of my cheeks.

"Sorry," I speak through my gritted teeth as I pulled my arm away. "Where's (Y/N)?" I ask again, as Jiaqi looks at me at the mention of (Y/N).

Knowing how she knows about my relationship with (Y/N), I didn't have to worry about her lying. "Oh the staff told us they had to talk to her."

I slightly nodded. "About what?"

"I don't know." Jiaqi shrugs, an innocent smile on her face. Seeing how her expressions seemed genuine, I knew that she really didn't know.

A sigh left my lips. I'm worried. Did something bad happen? I hope not. "Thanks, Jiaqi." I pat her shoulder as I walked out the waiting room's door.

"Hey Keran! You're not supposed to leav-" I heard Jiaqi as she peeks out of the doorway. I halt in my steps, looking back at her.

"I'm going to the restroom."

I was going to find (Y/N). I felt like something is going to go wrong. I don't like this feeling of insecurity bubbling up inside of me.

"But that's not the way to the restroo- Yah, Keran!"

《》

a/n: hello hehe i apologize for the late update! we had our online class recently and it was really time consuming so ig ill sadly have to update less:(

the end of the book is coming:)