FORTY-SEVEN

a/n: YALL I MEANT THAT THE BOOK IS COMING TO AN END NOT ENDING ON THIS CHAPTER MAJDKSHDOANF im sorry😭✋ but uh anw im planning to end it in a few chapters:)

! this is keran's pov from when they had the break up:) please don't be confused, it's the same events from before !

《》

I felt my heart drop as my eyes spot a familiar figure, hunched up in the corner. I would've felt glad to see her fine, but the thing is, she wasn't fine. My feet moved on its own, eager to reach her.

"Don't."

The hand on my wrist halted me to a stop, preventing me from moving any further. Looking up, my eyes met with Yuxin's.

"Yuxin, she's clearly suffering! Please, let me go." I tried to tug my arm out of her grip, but to no avail, it didn't budge at all. Yuxin was too strong. "See, this is your problem!" She tightened her hand, making me flinch at the pain.

"If you're going to break up with (Y/N), then make up your mind. You're confusing everyone- You're confusing yourself." Yuxin's fierce eyes slowly went softer, also loosening the grip she had on my wrist.

"You're making the pain worse for her."

Realizing that what she said was true, I felt tears surface in my eyes. "Why do I do this to myself," Feeling her hand release my wrist, I let my legs collapse on me as I sit down on the cold floor.

《》

What have I done?

"You'll find someone who's better than me," I whisper, watching as she slowly breaks apart in front of me. "No one can replace you, Keran." I pursed my lips, trying to ignore her words. It was hard not to.

"someone who deserves you and won't break your heart like i did," I didn't want to do this, (Y/N). I really didn't. But you have to be strong on your own. You should reach your dreams without me getting in your way.

"someone who'll make you happier than I made you... and someone who'll love you more than I did." Me. It's me. I'll be the one who'll make you happier than I did. I'll love you more than I ever did. I'll be better, please.

And without another word, I left her.

As soon as I got out of her sight, I let out the breathe I didn't know I was holding. I held onto the wall, hastily catching my breath. Hot tears spilled out of my eyes, as I clenched my damp shirt that got wet from the rain.

"It fucking hurts." I held my head back, short breathes leaving my mouth. Tears didn't stop falling from my eyes as the pain I was hiding earlier all spilt out likr crazy.

"I-I've never realized h-how cold it is w-without y-you..." I shivered as a gust of wind flew by. I don't really know how to put it in words, but I surely felt empty.

《》

"What song are you choosing?" Yuxin asked a question, making me look at her and snap out of my trance. "Don't know." I shrug. "Let's choose the same song." I didn't need to hear her next words and just nodded, agreeing to her decision. "Sure."

Y

uxin seemed genuinely surprised by my willingness. "Wait Wait Wait." Hearing her words, I deadpanned. "You're doing this on purpose, aren't you?" I scoffed, hugging my knees to my chest.

"Shut up, I'm trying to take care of you." Yuxin clicks her tongue as I lifted my head to look at her. "Oh, so now you're taking cate of me? The last few days you were trying to kill me."

Yuxin ignores my words making me roll my eyes. "I don't want you to do something stupid." She rolls her eyes as I only huffed. A comfortable wave of silence hit us after that. The air of humor disappeared and turned sad.

"Hey," I whispered as she hums, gesturing me to continue. "Can you tell (Y/N) to take care of herself? She's probably not taking care of herself as of the moment." She stares at me for a few seconds before answering with a scoff.

"I'm only doing this cause I care for her."

I ignored her statement and continued. "Let her sleep on your shoulder. I know she didn't sleep last night." I trailed off as Yuxin only looks at me.

"I don't usually do stuff like that but sure I guess." She shrugs, looking away.

"Thank you, Yuxin." I muttered as she only nods.

"Come on, we'll be late."

《》

"We're missing a pin...?" I heard the staff mutter under their breaths. My head perked up as I prepared to stand up. "I'll get one from the other room." My voice slightly startled them as they shake their heads. "No, you don't need to do that! It's our job."

I shake my head, "I insist."

Ending up with the chance to see (Y/N), I immediately head out, walking to her designated room. I felt the confidence I had instantly fade away as I stand in front of the door.

I felt like I'd break down instantly but I tried to stop myself from doing so. Taking a deep breathe, I open the door, watching as a bunch of heads turn to my direction, that including (Y/N). I tried to ignore her with all my might to stop myself from running to her.

"We're missing a pin." I secretly hoped they'd take long enough so I could be in her presence for a bit more. Curiosity getting to the best of me, my eyes went to her. To my surprise, she was looking at me. I immediately broke our eye contact, grabbing the pin that was from the staff's hand and saying thank you before dashing out the room.

I had my back against the wall as I took a deep breathe. "She... she's not okay." Thinking back to when we had eye contact, I immediately noticed the hint of pain and suffering in her eyes.

"I- I can't really easily take it back, can't I?"

《》

a/n

first week of online classes are hectic af:(( i apologize:(