TWENTY-ONE

I stare at my hands as I sit by the door of our room. My puffy eyes trailed to the windows, noticing how the sun was slowly going up. I yawned for the nth time, shaking my head to try and keep myself awake.

I've been waiting for her to leave the room, sitting her since the second I left the room. I wanted to enter the room and just hug her, but I wanted to give her the space she asked for.

I felt my eyes close, exhaustion getting the best of me. I blinked a few times, my vision getting blurry each minute that passes. "I have to stay... awake.." I mumbled to myself as I pinch my arm. It woke me up a little, but it wasn't enough. "I need to say sorry,"

Tears started to surface my eyes once again, as I felt hatred for myself rise in me. I gripped my hands, nails digging onto my skin. I hate myself so much. Words can't describe how much I loathe myself. "I have to, I can't lose... her."

Slowly, I felt myself lose consciousness.

《》
Lu Keran

"Lin Fan," I put my hand on her shoulder, causing her to look at me. Lin Fan hummed, "I'll head off now, (Y/N) must've been looking for me now." She smiled, nudging me with her elbow. "Such a good girlfriend." She teases, making me blush.

"Go, go. Be a good girlfriend." Linfan pushes me off as I jogged off, waving goodbye to her. I slowed down as I almost reach the dorms. I felt my heart stop as I see two familiar figures close to each other.

I shook my head, trying not to think about it too much. I know the two are friends, and only friends. Yeah. Then that's when I realized. I haven't paid much attention to her lately. Is that why she goes to others?

"You could've went to Keran," I jolted up at the mention of my name, but decided to stay quiet. "I... don't know." I heard her voice. I bit my bottom lip as I looked down.

Where did I go wrong for (Y/N) to doubt me? Am I not enough...? Was I not a good girlfriend?

"Keran," I gripped my fists as I walked off, I can't take it. "Excuse me,"

《》

I let out the breathe I didn't know I was holding. As I heard the door close, my legs gave up and I collapsed back on my chair. I shut my eyes close as my hands grip on my hair. I didn't know what to feel.

"T-This wasn't supposed to happen..." I stuttered as I repeatedly bang my head on my desk. "Stupid," Tears flowed out my eyes as I brought my knees up to my chest. "Why," I grip on my hair tighter.

"did I have to make it worse?" I continued, opening my eyes, tears flowing out my eyes. "Why am I crying?" I scoffed, violently wiping the tears away.

"How could I let myself make you think like that...?" I frowned as I recall the events from earlier. I wasn't being the good girlfriend I promised I would be. I told her I would make her the happiest, but here we are, fighting.

Then again, I was hurt. (Y/N) doubted my feelings. She didn't trust me. At this point, I didn't really know what to do. Why is she not entering? Knowing her, she could've bursted in, in just a matter of minutes. Was this a matter of pride?

I stayed in the silence and comfort of the dorm for hours, debating whether I should approach her first or wait for her to approach me.

I pursed my lips as I stood up, noticing how I probably fell asleep since the sun was slowly rising up. I approached the door, feeling anxious.

I opened the door, only to feel my heart melt. I bit my lip as I see (Y/N) next to the doorway, passed out on the door. "You were waiting for me..." I gripped the doorknob as I crouched down to her level to admire her face.

I never really got to see her looking so calm and solemn. She was always either smiling or grinning. My smile dropped as I remembered the events from earlier. I made her cry. I noticed her red nose and puffy eyes. I tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear as I put my arm on her nape, and under her legs.

I lifted her up with ease, noticing how she was really light. I smiled to myself, taking note that I should carry her more often.

I gently placed her on my bed, hesitantly removing my arms around her. I grabbed her blanket, making sure she was wrapped and comfortable. "I'm sorry, baby." I kissed her forehead, admiring her as she had a small smile on her lips.

"Let's not fight again."

《》
(Y/N) (L/N)

I woke up, my back aching like hell. Then that's when I realized, I wasn't outside on the floor. I wasn't familiar with the bed I'm on either, well rather, it was the scent I was familiar with. The familiar vanilla said made me sit up in surprise.

"You're awake, baby." I felt my bottom lip quiver as she looks up from her notebook. I immediately rushed down from the bed, surprising her. I wrap my arms around her neck, also wrapping my legs around her. "I'm sorry," I mumbled into her shoulder.

"I'm sorry too, baby." I smiled, glad that our fight didn't turn too serious

《》

a/n

IM SORRY IT SUCKED???

oh! and if u guys like golden child, check out sewooooonly 's fanfic, 'Secret'! she just published it like 10 seconds ago but she'd appreciate your support!