TWENTY-FOUR

a/n

keran posted her dance that she would do if the mentors would ask her to do:(( ITS SO FYRE OMG WHY DIDN'T SHE DANCE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

《》

My mouth formed an 'o' shape, seeing Yennis standing up with a hand in the air. My eyes scanned the trainees, seeing a few more trainees who volunteered, but I didn't really bother recognizing their faces. I knew myself that Yennis would do a great job.

"I choose you, Yennis!" I pointed at her with a grin on my face. I could see her face light up as she stands up from her seat, rushing up the stage to stand by my side. I laugh, stepping a little to the side to have some distance between us.

I did not want to see Keran glaring. It's better to play it safe than to risk my life. She's a (my) babie but when it comes to jealousy, she's scary as hell. I shook my head, trying not to think of it too much.

"Go on over to your rooms with your designated songs on them." Mentor Kun instructed as I raced the trainees off, Jiaqi trailing just behind my back. "You're going down~" She commented, as we both struggled to go through the door. As we both did, we immediately rushed down the stairs and leaving the building.

I squinted my eyes at the sign. "Loser!" Jiaqi laughs, as she ran ahead of me. I frowned as I slowed down, just letting her win the race I stupidly started. "See, she beat you at your own game." I could hear Yuxin state, as she calmly walks over to me, patting my back.

"Whatever," I spat out, opening the glass doors to another building. I arrived at the very familiar practice room, as I approach the sign, which said 'Wait Wait Wait' Group A. I stood next to it, waiting for Yennis to catch up.

"Eh?" I was dumbfounded, after knowing that we only get nine tries in picking the trainee. My eyes lightened up as I realized that it was Keran that was next. Even though I knew that she'd pick MAMA, I immediately stood up. I shaped my arms into a heart, jumping up and down with a grin.

We weren't able to see the trainees but I knew that she was smiling at my actions. The staff motioned me to sit back down, probably since Keran was done choosing. I flopped back down on the floor, tapping my fingers on the floor as I wait for her.

As I heard footsteps, I stood up, going to peek at the door. I opened it, seeing Keran walking through the hallways. "Enjoy MAMA!" I exclaim, catching her attention. Hey eyes went to mine as she smiles, giving me a heart. "I will," She replies with a wink before going in her designated room.

I sighed as I closed the door, going back to my place. "You knew she wasn't going to choose you..." Yennis commented, looking at me with pure confusion. I shrugged, smiling to myself.

《》

"Are you guys really, really sure, I'd be center?" I asked, doubt in my voice. My groupmate nodded with a smile on her face, waving the flower pin around. "You proved that you could be a good center in The Eve! I believe that you can do it again this time." She adds, making me pout.

"Ah, you guys are too sweet." I blush, covering my face with my hands. I decided to have a dance showdown to see who could be the center, but they all rejected it, saying I could be the center instead.

I grabbed the pin from Theia's hands, pinning it onto my white shirt. "Let's distribute our parts," Theia voices out, as she was our leader.

《》

I blinked a few times as I looked back twice to the clock on the wall, seeing that it was already 4AM. "Ah, I lost track again." I sighed, running my hands through my hair. My groupmates already went back to the dorms a few hours ago, leaving me to practice.

I pursed my lips, going over the dance one last time. I really liked the choreography of the song. It calmed me down for a reason, even though I don't really relate to the lyrics of the song.

"Wait wait wait, all I do is wait wait wait," I sang, looking around the room. "You're the one I'm waiting for." I picked up my duffel bag, sliding it down my arm.

"You're still here?" I hear a voice by the doorway, making me look at the owner of the very much familiar voice. I confirmed my thoughts, seeing Keran who had her hair tied up. "Yeah, but that's what I should be asking you. It's 4AM, what are you doing here?"

"Keyin and I were just hanging around. We were about to go home." Keran says as she approaches me, snatching my bag from my hands. "Hey–"

"Let me carry it, you're exhausted. You've been practicing non-stop." Keran smiles, slinging it over her shoulder. "You don't know that." I frown, about to get my bag out of her hands. "I do, now shush and just listen to me, m'kay?" Keran scrunches her nose as she taunts me.

"Fine." I huffed, feeling a hand wrap around mine. "Let's go get some rest." Keran swings our hands as we walk, making me smile. She's a literal kid. As we left the building, I felt the exhaustion hit my body.

"Should I carry you?" Keran asks, making me instantly shake my head. "No." I firmly say. She grins, an idea going to her head. "Keran, no." I warn as she smirks.

"Keraaaan!" I whine as I felt an arm under my neck and my knees. "Put me down!" I demand, crossing my arms. She giggles, shaking her head.

"Keran, I swear, puT ME DOW–!" I exclaimed as she pretended to let go of me, making me wrap my arms around her neck.

"You're annoying." I mumbled, burying my face onto her shirt.

"But you love me." She adds, a smirk probably on her face. I couldn't see it but I just knew. "I do."