THIRTY-NINE

a/n:
yes, that's right. double update!

《》

My eyes flutter open, as I find myself back in our dorm room. I felt a surging headache, making me grunt in pain. I didn't know why, but I felt a sense of familiarity as I woke up. It was the scent of vanilla.

"(Y/N)! You're awake." Jiaqi states the obvious as I quickly sat up, looking around the room. Curiosity filled her eyes as she questioned my actions.

"What are you lookin-"

"Keran," I breathed out, gripping the bedsheets. She was here. I know it. "Where is Keran?" I repeated, noticing how there was a hint of hesitation in her eyes. I bit my lip, waiting for her response.

"She's not here." Jiaqi slowly says, avoiding my eyes. She's lying.

"Keran brought me here, didn't she?" I tightened my grip, wanting to hear the words that says she did. She stayed silent, making me think twice.

I heard her sigh, looking into my eyes. "She-"

"I brought you here." Hearing another voice cut Jiaqi off, my eyes instantly dart to the owner of the voice. I felt disappointment pool inside me as I see Yuxin enter the room.

I knew that all my hopes were ruined, just hearing those words from Yuxin. She never lies. Never in my life have I seen or heard her lie, meaning that her words speak of truth and only truth.

I shut my eyes, letting myself fall back onto the bed in distress. I placed my arms over my eyes. "You should sleep more." She voices out, placing a plastic bag on the table. I didn't want to rest.

I truly couldn't believe she wasn't here. She left so many traces of her own scent. I could even sense it on my own clothes. My hands trailed to the hem of my shirt, fiddling with it.

It was the shirt that I stole from her. Memories flooded in my mind as I vividly remember that day. It was when we had a fashion contest with all the trainees. I stole her shirt since she was taking so long while looking for it. I looked up to the ceiling, the feeling of nostalgia rising in me.

I sat up again, ripping the blanket away from my body as I swung my legs over the edge of the bed. Jiaqi was alarmed by my sudden actions as she wrapped her hands on my arms, preventing me from moving.

"Where are you going?" She questions as I pried her hands off me. "Practice." Yuxin stops me instead, pleading me to stop.

"(Y/N), stop. You're just hurting yourself!" She tightens her grip on my wrist, making me flinch by the slightest. "I don't care," I spit, tugging my arm. "Let go." I mumbled as she shakes her head. "I don't want to see you hurt yourself."

"Why do you care?!" Tears brimmed my eyes as I bit my lip. She suddenly stopped moving, her hand that was tightly around my wrist loosened up, as it dropped to her side.

A shadow casted over her eyes. "(Y/N), Mentor Kun already told everyone to make sure you don't take another step in the practice room." I took a deep breathe, taking a few steps back as I waited for her next words.

I didn't really expect Xukun to suddenly care for me. But then again, it was only natural for him to do that since I also took care of him before, years ago.

"Rest,"

"No." I countered, shaking my head. I didn't want to rest, no- I couldn't even if I wanted to.

"You're gonna pass out again, (Y/N)." Yuxin presses, trying her best to convince me. "Keran will get worried-"

"If she's so worried then why is she not here?!" I really didn't expect myself to reveal our break-up this way. "Why is her girlfriend not here?" I could hear Jiaqi whisper to Yuxin.

"She's not here cause she's not my girlfriend." My voice quieted down for each word I say, as I balled my hands into fists. Jiaqi widened her eyes as she looked back to Yuxin then to me. Yuxin seemed unfazed by my words.

I licked my lips, sitting down on a chair as I look away. "(Y/N), you're lying, right?" Jiaqi asks, her hands firmly gripping my shoulders. My eyes avoided hers as I felt tears fall from my eyes.

"I'm not." I slowly say, as arms wrap around me, encasing me into a hug. "I'm sorry." I shake my head, refusing to her words.

"Don't..." I push her away, noticing a glint of disappointment in her eyes for a split second. I blinked a few times, simply deciding to ignore it.

Yuxin crouches to my level, taking my hands in hers. "You'll find someone better," She hummed, using her thumb to wipe my tears away. "That's what she also said..." I whispered, remembering the rainy night. It was just honestly horrible.

Yuxin slightly flinched, realizing that she probably said something wrong. I clenched her hands, trying to tell her that she didn't do anything wrong.

"Keran told me to-" She paused, making me look at her in interest. Just hearing her name makes me perk up in curiosity. "What?" I ask as she shakes her head, mumbling a 'nevermind' under her breathe.

"What is it?" I ask once more, as Yuxin stands up. She ignores my words as she grabs Jiaqi, pulling her to the door. I stood up, following her steps.

"Rest." was her only words before leaving me in the room alone. My hands immediately come in contact with the door knob, twisting it open. I felt my heart drop, realizing how it was locked.

How could this be? I knocked on the door, wondering how it could've been locked. "Get me out of here! I need to practice! I can't stay here all day!"

"I'm not allowing you to practice unless you get some sleep. You haven't slept for almost three days, haven't you?" I froze, thinking about how she could've known about that.

"I- I didn't..." I lied as I could hear her sigh from the other side. "You have your performance tomorrow. You only slept for three hours."

"That's my point. Tomorrow's the performance and I have to practice! And so what if I only slept for three hours?! I'm still standing, aren't I? Let me out!" I continued to complain, slamming my fists against the door.

I let my arm fall to my sides as I realize that the two has probably walked away, really leaving me alone. I let out a sigh, flopping down on the bed. I might as well and force myself to sleep.

《》

a/n
i hope u guys haven't lost ur patience waiting for the chapters sajjsjsksjd

feel free to ignore this lol

anw u all should watch the untamed !! its so fcking good i recommend it :D i watched all 50 episodes in just two days lmao its also the reason as to why i havent updated nsjshhs im so sorry :(( THE WHOLE ASS CAST ALSO LOOKS GOOD UGH if ure interested u could also read the novel or watch the anime sjsekhejw oh and not to mention its also bl🤭 but the live action and anime censored the kisses and smut so uh yeah- lmao wAIT WHY AM I SUDDENLY PROMOTING THIS AJSJSJJAKDJS IM SO SORRY

OK UHM aND WHATS WITH THE SPHINX THINGY WITH THE9?!?!? IS IT THE DEBUT ALBUM?!?! uhm im still not prepared but i waited too long already lmao sjjsja buT LIKE SOMEONE EXPLAIN SKSJSJJSA

KERAN IS SERVING LOOKS EVEN FROM AFAR I CANT

edit:
okay so this revision sht keeps popping up and it says this chapter keeps on getting modified in other devices what the fuck