Forest of falls (2)

The 5 people boarded the carriage. Since it takes 4-5 hours to reach the outskirts of the forest,calix is now sharing the info he got about the strength and number of monsters from the guild.

There are a large number of A rank and a few S rank monsters. The guild is not able to confirm whether there are any SS or high rank ones in the forest. "Anyway,we have to be alert the moment we entered." Everyone agreed with Ryan's words.

They reached their destination by afternoon as expected. They told the coachmen to stay in the near by village and return here three days later. Ryan took the job of clearing the monsters until they reach the inner region of the forest. Seeing that Rose and Zane didn't say anything, Calix and Jasmine also agreed.

The sun already set before they reach the inner regions. So they found a small clearing to make a tent to rest and decided to advance forward next morning. Not wanting any monsters to come near, Ryan released his aura a little and that's enough for the beasts in the outer regions not to near them.

"Let's take turns watching outside." Even though Rose know that it's not needed,she played along and they all took turns watching. But no monster came near the tent. Not to mention coming near there is not even any monster in the vicinity.

The next morning they entered the inner regions. As soon as they entered,they sensed the changes in the mana. The mana in the air is atleast twice dense when compared with outside. They didn't face any monsters on the outskirts of inner regions.

As they advance, S ranked monsters started to appear. Rose didn't want to expose her full powers infront of others so she made a suggestion. "First one will be dealt by us while you take care of the next one. How is it?" Everyone agreed with her words.

The first one is a Scarlet bear which has high defense but infront of these guys it don't even know when it died. When Rose, Ryan and Zane are dealing with it, a green scaled python approached from another direction.

Calix and Jasmine teamed up to deal with it. One after other S rank monsters are approaching them attracted by the smell of blood. The sun is already in the mid sky when they completed the wave of S rank monsters. No other beast approached them after they saw the humans dealing with so many monsters rather easily.

When they were just about to reach the lake which is known as lake of  mana, Zane stopped walking. 'So my guess is correct.'He stopped the remaining four. "Be careful. We entered the lair of a Phantom."