A small trip back to home

Just as Rose went to her room,she suddenly remembered an important thing.She didn't know how much time it takes to come back once she enter the cave.'I think it's better if I inform mother and father about this.'

When Rose is thinking about this, a whole another scene is taking place in her home.  Michael, Dia and Daniel were sitting in his study room with their expressions serious. "Father,why can't you just directly reject it?"

Michael looked at his son Daniel and shook his head lightly. "If they're normal nobles then there's no need to think about this that much but..." His words were cut off by a light knock on the door outside. "Who is it?" He already told the maids not to disturb them,then what's it at this time.

The door slowly opened and Rose peeked inside calling "father". Seeing her,the atmosphere relaxed and Dia went to hug her following by her father and brother. "Father, what happened? Why are all of you so serious?"

"It's related to you." Rose was confused and  surprised by her father's reply but waited for him to continue. "It's from the vampire kingdom. The king sent us a letter saying that he wants us to consider  engaging you to his son Arthur Christopher Eryk. They're also very polite and are not forcing us to agree but directly rejecting a royal family..."

Without him finishing, Rose understood the underlying meaning in his words. But what surprised her most was the candidate himself. 'Did Eryk know about this? Let's ask him directly tomorrow, there's no need to rack my brain for this.'

"Father, you don't have to worry about this for now. I came back now to tell you that my trip will last long this time and am leaving now. I will give you my answer about this when I come back again." Knowing they can't stop her,they just told her to be more careful.

Rose returned to her tent two hours later but didn't go to sleep instead went to knock on Eryk's room. Eryk also was not sleeping and opened the door instantly. "You didn't sleep till now?" Eryk shook his head saying 'thinking about something.'

Eryk invited her to come in and both sat on a recliner. "I just went to my home..." When Rose finished explaining, Eryk was also surprised. His expression already told Rose the answer. "You don't know?"

"No. My father probably didn't know much about you. What he knows is just you saved me once,then..." Suddenly realization struck him. "I think I know what happened. You know about my father and guild master being friends,right? They recently met and had a long chat. Maybe he told my father about you and us being friends,.."

Rose expression turned dark and a smile made its way to get lips. 'this old man, if it's true let's see how I deal with you.' Seeing this, Eryk silently prayed for the guild master. "Leaving that matter aside, are you alright with getting engaged with me?"

This question made him think of the first time they met. The first time he met,he thought he met an angel. He also don't know why he's that attracted to her. He liked her the first time they met but he didn't realized it.

Every moment they spent together till now appeared in his eyes. For the first time he think his father did something good. If his father knew about his son's thoughts, don't know how will he feel.

Only now he realized how much he missed her during this time. 'Haa... I already fell in love with her. There's no turning back now.'He didn't immediately answer her question,but asked her in return. "What about you? Are you ok with that?"

"I have to get engaged sooner or later and don't you think it's better to get engaged with someone you are acquainted with then someone who you don't even know." His eyes narrowed hearing the reply. 'Acquainted..hmm..I will definitely make you fall in love with me.'

The main reason Rose agreed with this arrangement is that this guy is the only one who didn't fell for the heroine's charm. "You didn't tell me your answer?" Eryk smiled and lightly pinched her nose. "Who wouldn't want to get engaged with such a cute girl?"

His sudden change in attitude made her flustered. "T.. then I am go.. going to sleep. Good night." She ran out of the room without waiting for his reply. A soft glint filled with love passed by his eyes.