CHAPTER 10 :: "THE STORM"

Here's the next part........
After a long journey Kartik's flight had landed in India. A memorable trip was now towards its end with both Kartik and Naira having storms of emotions within them. Since their flight was early and Naira's car hadn't reached there to pick her up Kartik decided to drop her till her house. It was nothing less than a bonus for Naira who was already head over heels. Kartik's presence was soothing her. She definitely missed her family being away from them but right from the dinner her mind and heart was just into Kartik. She had never imagined she would fall for her boss so madly. The trip to Singhania mansion was quite in terms of words but the quick glances from both of them said it all. Kartik too wanted her to stay. She was the first girl in all these years for whom he felt such a spark. But to their disappointment even the roads were clear today. Naira so badly cursed it that the full packed jammed roads were so clear today. They finally reached Singhania mansion and it was Kartik who broke the dead silence finally.
Kartik:- So finally home....... It was such a memorable and successful trip for me which I can never forget.
Naira:- I also can never forget any second of this trip.....
Kartik was red hearing Naira's words. He knew what she was talking about. They looked into each other's eyes and spoke everything. Tears in Naira's eyes just showed how badly she wanted Kartik to stay.
Naira:- Please come inside. You can have some tea and meet papa too.....
Kartik:- I would have surely loved to but my dad I would be waiting...... she hasn't seen me for long..... I will come later.
The final goodbyes were done and the last thing left was a hug. A cute lovely hug which both of them wanted. Naira so badly wanted to get engulfed in Kartik's arms, Kartik on the other hand just wanted the solitude Naira provided. But to their utter disappointment none could proceed for it. They both mouthed a final goodbye while Kartik got back into the car. He just stopped the driver who was about to start and spoke.......
Kartik:- Please don't be late tomorrow....... I'll be waiting.......
Naira:- 😳😳😳😳😳😳
Kartik :- I mean if you are on time we could put the deal on the go tomorrow itself........
Naira:- Sure......
With the final goodbyes done Naira moved towards her home where she was welcomed by her family. How much did she miss them. Her father for whom she was a princess, her mother who was more of her best friend and her brother who was so protective about her that even a scratch wouldn't be there on her. As tears trickled down the eyes of Naira and her parents she engulfed both of them in a strong hug. Naitik and Akshara were happy that their princess has become a big responsible girl now. There wasn't someone more proud than her parents hearing about her success for what she had worked so hard. After the whole family meet Naira was asked to rest as she was tired of the journey. Naira on the other hand so badly missed Kartik. She kept checking her phone if there was any messages from him. She wasn't expecting one but desperately wanted him to. Lying on her bed she kept on staring at Kartik's profile photo so as to how handsome he was. For the first time he had uploaded a profile photo on WhatsApp. He was always that socially disconnected type of person but Naira's entry had brought changes in him too. Naira on the other end was lost in his photo. She could see a hidden pain behind his charming smile, a pain no one knew about which pinched her more and more. Kartik on the other hand after spending some quality time with his dadi was alone in his room staring at Naira's photo. What an effect she had on him..... The man who wasn't attracted to anyone for so many years was in love but his brain just stopped his heart from taking a step forward. He realised he was loosing his track. He finally dialed a number saved as A .......
Kartik:- Is everything ready as I had asked to.
Other side:- Yes sir....
Kartik:- Good. Just remember what I had said. And my warning too. You don't have to any physical harm or a mental harm and it should be a yes in any case.
Other side:- Sure sir. I have done all as you had said.
Kartik:- Good. Keep me updated of all what happens.
On the other hand Naira was now down in the dining hall for dinner with her family. While Naira was busy relishing dishes made by her mother naitik and akshara kept on nudging each other to start a topic they wanted to. Finally naitik decided to take the lead.
Naitik:- Princess we actually had something to ask you. I hope you won't say no to it.
Naira:- Yes papa
Naitik:- Woh actually yesterday our family friend and business partner Mr. Raichand was here and he actually offered us something.
Naira:- I don't get what you are speaking about papa.
Naitik:- Actually Mr. Raichand's elder son Atul is coming back to handle his business here in India who had been working in his London branch. So he asked for your hand for his son. He's a very good boy and well settled too. Even the family is very good and we have full faith that you will be very happy and secondly you won't have to stop your dreams as you could help him managing the business........ Just don't say no Naira. You can meet him too as they are coming tomorrow to our house. Just meet him once and I am sure you would say a yes.
Naitik's words had dropped a bomb on Naira as she sat still in the very pose she was. Never did her father ask her for anything yet and what he said today was a huge shock for her. She had recently fallen in love with Kartik and for the first time she saw someone as a life partner but before she could confess she was already asked to marry someone else. Naitik's words evoked a huge STORM in her life. She just couldn't imagine anyone else in her life than Kartik. Her heart cried in pain and agony but before she could speak her brother spoke up.......
Nash:- Relax dad Naira won't say no. I know how much she loves us and she won't say no to your choice. Whatever you chose for her would be the best. Plus I know she doesn't have anyone in her life..... Am I right Naira.
While naitik and akshara took Naira's silence for a yes, Naira just fell out of words for all that was happening. Suddenly she was asked to marry someone she didn't even know and the worst part was she couldn't say a NO too. She wanted to speak about what she felt but then she realised that she had no idea what Kartik felt for her. How could she take a stand when she didn't know about Kartik's decision. Everyone was so happy and she couldn't even see her parents sad. For the first time her father had asked something from her and she just couldn't say a no to him. Secondly her brother would be angry if she cuts off their choice. She felt like crying hardly as she was on the verge to loose her first and only love of her life. Only did she know how tough it was to control her tears. She just said yes to everything her family said and had no guts to stand for her feelings. As soon as the dinner ended she ran to her room closed the door and fell on the floor. While her parents felt it strange but naksh was sure enough that it was all because she was too shy towards such things.............

So that's all for the update. I didn't want to stretch the family drama too long and focus more on Naira and Kartik. Secondly Naira had always been away from relationships and she is just too weak to take a stand for her but that doesn't mean her character lacks courage....... You will see her how she will fight against things later, it's just that she couldn't say no to her father's wish plus she wasn't aware of if Kartik felt anything for her because he had always referred her as a friend. Next is that Naksh will play a bit like a dominant big brother role and a greater role in later part of the story. As far as Naira's parents are concerned they are not imposing anything on her. They just want the best for their daughter that's it. Just a small spoiler for the next part that it will be full of emotions and feelings. I have kept the speeches of characters short and their POV as the main source everywhere.

And thanks to all of you for you support. You guys have been amazing. Your comments just push me to work better and better and secondly they help me update regularly. All updates will be around 12-1 noon everyday. Just keep supporting guys and hit the like button and keep commenting to boost my morale. Every like and comment is like an inspiration to do better and better. Next update as scheduled..... Till then stay safe and keep reading and spreading positivity everywhere......... Se you in the next update.......