Chapter 3

I was out at the park, well, I wasn't really. There was a store I had went to that was just faster to get to if I went through the park. I had picked up some new earbuds since mine were so worn out.

As I was walking past a fountain, I saw a young woman with (color) hair. She was drawing something. She seemed vaguely familiar. I walked towards her, watching her draw.

"Whatcha drawing missy?" I asked her. She jumped and looked at me, panic in her eyes. I gave her a grin. "Uh, it's a butterfly," she said. Her face was red, probably because I had scared her.

I suddenly felt sorry. "Sorry didn't mean to scare you," I told her and meant it. She looked at me. She had an awkward look on her face, "It's alright, I guess."

"The name's Mark," I held out my hand for her to shake it. As she took it she said, "I'm (f/n)." I sat next to her and asked her, "You from around here?"

"No, I just moved here a couple months ago to sell art."

"I see. Is that that new store I see sometimes when I go places? Uh, what's it called, uh, (store name)?"

She nodded, looking back at her art. I began watching her. Her drawing was fantastic. I've never seen anyone with such good skills. Well I have, but not in person. I could tell she was kind of tense. I tried to relieve the tension by asking her about the drawing. "That drawing is pretty good. Are you gonna sell that in your store?"

"No, I'll probably just throw it away," she responded. It looked like she was done. I couldn't believe she would throw something like that away. "You can't throw a masterpiece like that away! Are you crazy? No. Not happening, (f/n). I'll take it and give it a nice home."

She laughed. Good, I had removed some tension. She tore the drawing out, handing it to me, "Here it's all yours. But if you want to see my better art collections, I suggest coming by (store name)."

I looked at her, then down at the picture. It truly was great. I looked back up at her as she waved and walked away. A part of me didn't want her to go, but I was sure she had her own business to attend to. I watched her walk back across the street to her store.

I hadn't realized it was just right there.