Chapter 20

After a few more days, we flew out to my mom's. As soon as we landed, we got our luggage and rented a car.

I drove her to my mom's. I was excited to tell my mother about her. As soon as we walked in the door I said, "Knock knock everybody." Kids came from everywhere piling up on me, making me laugh. Once they got off, my mom and Tom came to hug me.

"Who's this?" My mom asked. "Mom, this is (f/n). She's my girlfriend." I answered. I hoped she would like her. She looked back at me and told me that my present was in the living room. I lead (f/n) into the living room, introducing her to everyone.

After a while, it seemed as if my mom was trying to avoid (f/n). I tried to tell her how amazing she was, but she'd just cut me off and walked away.

One day, we were alone in the kitchen and I was trying to explain to her that I might propose to her and I wanted to have some ideas. She cut me off by telling me that I shouldn't be wasting my time on her. I knew she didn't know her very well, but she should at least have tried to. I sighed, getting tired of this nonsense, "Mom, this girl means a lot to me, I don't care what you say about her. She is one of the best aspects of my life."

"Mark, she doesn't seem right for you. I'm sorry but it's my opinion."

"How would you know? You haven't even sat down to have a conversation with her, mom. You wouldn't know."

"I'm just trying to protect you from heartache, sweetie."

"Mom, I'm not a kid anymore. I can deal with this on my own."

I had gotten up, seeing that (f/n) was outside, talking to Tom. It's good they were trying to get to know each other. After a moment, Tom came back in and punched me in the shoulder. I hit him back, sticking my tongue out at him.